• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
TheBells said:   AMERICAN EXPRESS TCPA (claims at this point estimated @ $50 each)

Here, Plaintiff claims American Express and its vendor, Alorica, violated the TCPA by having Alorica place calls on behalf of American Express to cellular telephones between July 3, 2009 and March 15, 2016, through the use of an automatic telephone dialing system, predictive dialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice without prior express consent. American Express denies these allegations and denies any claim of wrongdoing. The Court has conditionally certified the Telemarketing Settlement Class for settlement purposes only. The Honorable John Z. Lee is in charge of this action                                             
In a class action, one or more people called class representatives (here, Plaintiff) sue on behalf of people who allegedly have similar claims. This group is called a class and the persons included are called class members. One court resolves the issues for all of the class members, except for those who exclude themselves from the class. Here, Plaintiff claims American Express and its vendor, Alorica, violated the TCPA by having Alorica place calls on behalf of American Express to cellular telephones between July 3, 2009 and March 15, 2016, through the use of an automatic telephone dialing system, predictive dialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice without prior express consent. American Express denies these allegations and denies any claim of wrongdoing. The Court has conditionally certified the Telemarketing Settlement Class for settlement purposes only. The Honorable John Z. Lee is in charge of this action.

All persons nationwide within the United States who, on or after July 3, 2009 through March 15, 2016, received a telemarketing call from Alorica Inc. (or its agents or affiliates) on behalf of American Express, in connection with the marketing of American Express small business charge and/or credit cards to potential customers, to a cellular telephone number through the use of an automatic telephone dialing system, predictive dialer and/or an artificial or prerecorded voice.

Telemarketing Settlement Class Member" is defined as any person in the Telemarketing Settlement Class who is not validly excluded from the Telemarketing Settlement Class. If you are still not sure whether you are included, you may write to the Claims Administrator at:

Ossola v. American Express Co. Telemarketing Settlement
P.O. Box 30235
College Station, TX 77842-3235

Or you may call the Toll-Free Settlement Hotline, 1-844-824-5779, for more information.

https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/axo/Home.aspx 

Claim: (deadline 11/1/2016)
https://eclaim.kccllc.net/caclaimforms/axo/Landing.aspx

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
how do people remember if they were called by this entity?

rated:
Did it! Thanks op

rated:
I distinctly remember around the 2009-2010 timeframe receiving a ton of crappy marketing calls that were affiliated with American Express - assuming it was this.

rated:
i have gotten so many in the last few years. I have blocked so many on the phone

rated:
Small Business calls. Inapplicable for nearly everyone. Only unethical consumers would claim this.

rated:
Actually in this case it might be a better deal to exclude yourself from the class if this applies to you. TCPA violations are a special case that can be brought in state courts. You can claim much more than $50 for just one call....much more if you received several.

rated:
wvtalbot said:   Actually in this case it might be a better deal to exclude yourself from the class if this applies to you. TCPA violations are a special case that can be brought in state courts. You can claim much more than $50 for just one call....much more if you received several.
  ... and can prove it...

rated:
I have a small business and I distinctly remember these calls, I tried to complain to Costco because that was where my AMEX was from, they could not do anything about it.

rated:
Do they have a database of numbers that they called? If not how can you prove you received a call that long ago?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017