• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
I'm hungry for U.S. freebies, but I am in Canada.  What do I do?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There's nothing worth having FOMO over.

Get a mail forwarding/package forwarding provider. Many Canadians use these services to receive US Mail/ package shipments.

I guess it depends how hungry you actually are. Good luck to you!

I'd think the cheapest way (other ways would probably be too expensive for the real value of the freebies) is that you lived in a bordertown and had a US Postal Service Post Office 15 minutes or less away from you. Then you'd be able to rent a PO Box (I pay $80 for 1 year and $41 for every 6 months thereafter) and be sent the freebies [the most useful use is for those magazine subscription freebies, like in my case] to that address, reducing the cost by just going there 1-2x a week as part of a routine with other places to go.

Otherwise (last time I've priced a private Box was at least $95/year, now it would be in the $125-150 range) it'd be too expensive for what you'd get. If even this option is too expensive for you then you should stick to freebies that can be sent within Canadian borders, it'd be not worth the money,

PS: I don't know how strict are the Canadian border agents in your area with searching, but I feel it shouldn't be much of a problem...

I'm hungry for all the Canadian freebies like Health Care. How do I do it?

Same answer.

just cherish what you own, struggle for what you want.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016