Jet isnít actually cheaper than Amazon, study finds

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

And for customer service Amazon>Jet>WalMart. WalMart likely could have started from the ground up for much less than $3.3B. It already has much of the back end. The extra cash could have gone toward loss leaders.

So far jet saved money for me... might be iam picking only deal items or whenever coupon codes are out

~~Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through his personal investment company Bezos Expeditions.

I wanted to like jet, but the search engine for their website was just painful to use.

wizardking said:   I wanted to like jet, but the search engine for their website was just painful to use.
††

no worse than that pathetic P.O.S. that Amaz0n uses.† Seems like one of them could have hired talent capable of writing something decent and usable.

Mickie3 said:   
wizardking said:   I wanted to like jet, but the search engine for their website was just painful to use.
††

no worse than that pathetic P.O.S. that Amaz0n uses.† Seems like one of them could have hired talent capable of writing something decent and usable.

Search engines will not provide desired results without relevant search terms and descriptors. The old saying "garbage in, garbage out" has not been superseded by "new tech" or more talented/smarter programmers.†

Amazon's prices fluctuate a great deal so it depends on the item and when you are looking to buy. I have noticed that many items in my history have increased in price substantially on Amazon over the last year.

bobbybore said:   Amazon†'s prices fluctuate a great deal so it depends on the item and when you are looking to buy. I have noticed that many items in my history have increased in price substantially on Amazon†over the last year.
††
Yes, Amazon has really increased their prices lately. I have been having the best luck with Target.com and WalMart.com. Jet seems to no longer stock much of what I used to buy from them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017