• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
https://www.gtx970settlement.com/Home.aspx 

If you are a U.S. resident and you purchased one or more GeForce GTX 970 graphics processing unit ('GTX 970') devices in the U.S. from the Defendants, the AIC Partners ("AIC Partners" is defined in the Settlement Agreement as "Gigabyte, ASUS, EVGA, InnoVISION Multimedia Limited, Micro-Star International Co., Ltd., Manli Technology Group Ltd., Palit Microsystems Ltd., PC Partner Group Ltd., PNY Technologies Inc. and ZOTAC International (MCO) Ltd. or their subsidiaries, divisions or affiliates") or their authorized retailers between September 1, 2014 and August 24, 2016, other than for purposes of resale or distribution, you have a right to know about a proposed settlement of a class action lawsuit and your options.If you are eligible, you may submit a claim for $30 cash for each qualifying GTX 970 device purchased in the U.S. between September 1, 2014 and August 24, 2016. There is no limit on the number of claims you can submit, subject to providing appropriate Proof of Purchase as described below.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Of course I bought mine in 2013...... and I am now apparently dyslexic too (my mistake, bough a different card).

rated:
robstrash said:   Of course I bought mine in 2013......
  No, you didn't.

I bought a 970 sc and did the trade up for the ftw+, wonder if that counts as buying 2.

rated:
robstrash said:   Of course I bought mine in 2013......
  Considering it didn't even come out until Sep 2014...you might be a bit delusional.

rated:
So, what did they do wrong? Claim higher specs than chip could do, or just design the supporting circuitry incorrectly?

rated:
dbphillips said:   So, what did they do wrong? Claim higher specs than chip could do, or just design the supporting circuitry incorrectly?

Yes. According to the help website, they claim higher performance than the chip could do.

rated:
But could you use full power by oc ?

rated:
They claimed it as a 4gb card, but .5 gb was accessed on a slower bus speed. Pretty hard to nail down performance issues because of it but that doesn't make it OK.

rated:
They are finally refunding the .5 gb lost.

rated:
sweet thanks clawson

rated:
Has anybody received a claim number? I had received an email from Newegg on Aug 1 informing me of the class action settlement - so I am presuming that some of the vendors will probably send out a claim number.

rated:
Does this include 970M that is in my MSI Gaming laptop?

rated:
Should have searched the FAQ on the settlement website.

https://www.gtx970settlement.com/Faqs.aspx#q8 
8. I purchased a laptop/notebook computer that has a motherboard with a GTX 970M attached to it. Am I eligible to receive a Cash Payment?
Subject to other eligibility requirements, you must have purchased a stand-alone, add-in card GTX 970 GPU device in the United States directly from the Defendants, the AIC Partners or their authorized retailers between September 1, 2014 and August 24, 2016 to be eligible to receive a Cash Payment. The GTX 970M falls outside the scope of this Settlement and the lawsuit.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016