• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I just went today to BJ's. They changed all the cards to Hallmark. I bought one card for a relative, and was surprised that I only saved a $1. It automatically same off. The card was $3.99. If you buy a pricier card, you only save a $1! At least that was my store.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is chain-wide. I complained to them when I saw it a couple of months ago and learned that Gibson (I believe) had been shut down and the parent company (Hallmark) chose to put their cards in its place. I was told that the greeting cards were a leased department (like Verizon and eyeglasses) and Hallmark had a contract with BJ's and was allowed to put in any brand they wanted (with any discount). At my store it was worse than what you're reporting, $2 off when you buy 3 cards. Maybe they figured out quickly that no one would buy at that price. Hopefully they'll also find that $1 off doesn't cut it.

I will be buying my cards at Party City in the future. They're cheaper ($1) and while they aren't as nice as what BJ's sold before, there is no way that I'm paying full price or even $1 off.

Please also complain to BJ's (and perhaps Hallmark) if you are unhappy.

billrubin said:   This is chain-wide. I complained to them when I saw it a couple of months ago and learned that Gibson (I believe) had been shut down and the parent company (Hallmark) chose to put their cards in its place. I was told that the greeting cards were a leased department (like Verizon and eyeglasses) and Hallmark had a contract with BJ's and was allowed to put in any brand they wanted (with any discount). At my store it was worse than what you're reporting, $2 off when you buy 3 cards. Maybe they figured out quickly that no one would buy at that price. Hopefully they'll also find that $1 off doesn't cut it.

I will be buying my cards at Party City in the future. They're cheaper ($1) and while they aren't as nice as what BJ's sold before, there is no way that I'm paying full price or even $1 off.

Please also complain to BJ's (and perhaps Hallmark) if you are unhappy.

In my BJ's, If you buy 3 cards, you get $3 off. I asked the staff about the 50% off. They didn't even know, why it was only $1 off? Next time I go to BJ's I will complain to the Manager. That was one of the reasons I joined!

Party City cards are 50% off. It's only a mile away. In a pinch I've bought some there also.  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017