• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I got a couple of ipad mini 4's (128gb, $499 each) as a bonus from a company I do business with. They were shipped to me from the Apple Store and I have a receipt, so I'm pretty sure that I can return them to the store and get a gift card. I don't really need them and would like to get the most money for them. I figure my best bet is to get a gift card and then sell it online (GiftCardGranny shows CardPool offering the best, 89% of face value). 

Is there some way of getting a better return that I am not thinking of? I doubt I'll do better selling the ipads themselves, and I don't want to sell them (ipads or gift cards) myself, unless there is some 100% safe way of doing so.

Suggestions?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Gift cards are easily scammed, so be careful.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Gift cards are easily scammed, so be careful.
As in emptied? Is that even likely for a card from the Apple Store that wasn't sitting on a shelf somewhere? What is my risk if I sell them to Cardpool and they verify the amount and then someone empties them?

rated:
Just noticed a possible problem. Cardpool is only accepting Apple Store cards up to $1000. Hopefully I can do the returns separately and get 2 gift cards rather than one card for both.

rated:
Damn! All I ever got was an iPad mini 2 16gb earlier this year... Need to get your contact In my case, I tried to exchange it for a newer model but the Apple Store traced where it was purchased at (they have access to that info). Would have been an actual Apple Store or Apple.com they would have gladly given me full credit and allow me to upgrade it.

I would go right now to the Apple Store, and exchange the value towards a new iPhone 7 and fleabay it. Or keep the credit if you ever want to get an iMac or Bose stuff.

rated:
billrubin said:   
forbin4040 said:   Gift cards are easily scammed, so be careful.
As in emptied? Is that even likely for a card from the Apple Store that wasn't sitting on a shelf somewhere? What is my risk if I sell them to Cardpool and they verify the amount and then someone empties them?

  As in, 30 days later you get a chargeback because the card you sold Cardpool was 'empty'

Read the other threads (Especially in online auctions) on how this scam works.  Selling Gift cards are risky.

rated:
Craigslist (cash) may be the best option here.

rated:
BrianGa said:   Craigslist (cash) may be the best option here.
 

  Yup.  Meet the buyer at the Apple Store, they validate the balance on the cards, the buyer hands over the cash, you both walk away. 

rated:
cestmoi123 said:   
BrianGa said:   Craigslist (cash) may be the best option here.
  Yup.  Meet the buyer at the Apple Store, they validate the balance on the cards, the buyer hands over the cash, you both walk away. 

GUESS that would work - I was thinking of selling the sealed iPads at a slight discount - the buyer may even be happy with a small discount and no tax.

rated:
BrianGa said:   
cestmoi123 said:   
BrianGa said:   Craigslist (cash) may be the best option here.
  Yup.  Meet the buyer at the Apple Store, they validate the balance on the cards, the buyer hands over the cash, you both walk away. 

GUESS that would work - I was thinking of selling the sealed iPads at a slight discount - the buyer may even be happy with a small discount and no tax.
 

  That would also work. 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016