Home Depot Patio Furniture? Missing Parts? Don't Call! Return product

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
A little PSA for you
As the summer is gone, my local HD had a bunch of clearance sales on Patio Furniture.

I picked up a Swing set for about 50% off.  As I assembled it, it was missing a screw.
The manual says 'Missing Parts?  Don't Return!  Call this number to order the part!'.  I followed this advice.  3 Weeks (Yes Weeks) later, I got the missing screw.
Turns out when you call that number, they put your info into a database, send a message to the warehouse, who then contacts you to get your info to send you the part.
I could've gone to HD, returned it, got a new one, and been done in 45 minutes.
Geez.

I guess they don't like Returns, so instead HD wants to tortue us with a wait for parts.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

except if you are almost done and would need to disassemble the whole thing down to bring it back. Just like Ikea...

rsuaver said:   except if you are almost done and would need to disassemble the whole thing down to bring it back. Just like Ikea...
  Nope, you buy the new one ahead of time, take out the missing part and return the other item with 'part missing' as the reason.
Takes a lot less time than waiting for a 3rd party company.

Oh did I mention they expected me to pay for shipping?  Geez

Why not just go buy the missing screw from Homo Dept, you nut!

Well you need a nut to go with a screw. But it wasn't just a screw, (I just simplified it). It was missing a screw, an endcap, and a tear in the cushion.

I just want people to know that calling the HD CS does squat! Go return it!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017