Lego Winter Holiday Train $99.99 @ Lego w/FS

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Winter Holiday Train
Disclaimer
This year LEGO released a Winter Holiday Train (first time in 10 years!), it will be available to the public on October 1st, and it's currently available to VIP customers (free to sign up) for $99.99 (retail price).

Why you should order now as a VIP Customer: It's an awesome set and you don't want to risk not getting one on the first. You will get a free Ultimate Lavaria set.

Why you should wait: On October 1st you will receive double points and a free holiday set. 

Edit: For those not familiar with the VIP Rewards Program you get 1 point for each dollar you spend and at 100 points you get a $5 reward. So, if you purchase now and add in a small filler you'll get a $5 reward, wait until next month and you'll get a $10 reward!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When it will be open for every one not for only VIP customers?

Eque1974 said:   When it will be open for every one not for only VIP customers?

October 1st. It's free to sign up for VIP though so you could buy it now if you want.

I've always wanted one of these. Do you know if they come with enough track to fit under typical Christmas trees?

Cool gift but is this really a hot deal?

I don't think you can order unless you are already a VIP member. I tried to become a VIP member but it says it won't be activated until I checkout.

DistalPistol said:   I've always wanted one of these. Do you know if they come with enough track to fit under typical Christmas trees?
  According to the product description, "Curved rail track diameter measures over 27” (70cm)," so it depends on how big your tree and stand are.  You can always purchase additional straight track pieces to make it larger if you have a very wide tree stand or want the train to go out farther from the tree.

The train set doesn't include a motor but does include instructions on how to upgrade it with some Power Functions sets: "Upgrade with LEGO® Power Functions (not included) for a motorized engine. To motorize the engine, purchase items 8879, 8884, 88000, and 88002. Instructions can be found in the back of your building instructions."

rickd1313 said:   I don't think you can order unless you are already a VIP member. I tried to become a VIP member but it says it won't be activated until I checkout.

I signed up yesterday and could order. This probably won't be helpful but I was having issues with the account because it didn't show me as a VIP so I kept going to the rewards page and eventually at the bottom there was an offer to buy it. It doesn't show available on the actual train page, it offers it to you on the VIP page. It also took about 20-30 minutes for my welcome email to come.

rickd1313 said:   I don't think you can order unless you are already a VIP member. I tried to become a VIP member but it says it won't be activated until I checkout.
  I just signed up and it was saying the same thing.  Then I went here and it let me sign up. It said it would email me when it was active. I just checked now (about 2 hours later) and it's active but I never got the email and it will now let me purchase the train.

Ordered one, thanks.

I emailed LEGO and they gave me my VIP number and told me I could order it over the phone.

If your cat doesn't find Christmas tree baubles tempting enough, why not run a train around the tree base?!

While I like the train and may even get one the price is not hot. There is no discount on this item at all. Since when did paying full retail price become a hot deal? 

Erick13 said:   While I like the train and may even get one the price is not hot. There is no discount on this item at all. Since when did paying full retain price become a hot deal?

OP did give an idea to get $10 in rewards &/or free set. Also, I believe many buy certain LEGO sets with the thought they will go up in value, especially very limited availability models.

I suppose you could say it is similar to buying gold/silver at cost. Though I honestly think the LEGO's are worth more than either of those "precious" metals. When the world turns, gold isn't going to feed me, seeds are. I don't see anyone on Walking Dead needing more gold, and hear again I'd rather have the Legos, LOL. sorry, was watching a gold commercial while typing.

LEGO Advent calendar if $99.99 is not to your liking.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017