• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Warning to people who pre-order movies at Target.com. Target will NOT price match item. Had received my pre-order for Captain America Civil War but had ordered early and price was 27.99 but had a gift card. Item currently 19.99. Was told that they can only price match 14 days after purchasing. Had told them did not purchase until item was shipped and i was charged. Customer service stated it's their definition that when you pre-order, it's a purchase. Asked them for their written definition and she could not produce. Second lady stated that because I had a gift card, they cannot price match. Asked for where in their policy it was written. And again, cannot produce and stated that it's their policy. Target customer service can make up their policy as they go as it was not written.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sounds like an issue with that one store.

Not being able to PM when usign a GC makes no sense whatsoever - it's supposed to be like using cash.

Connman said:   Not being able to PM when usign a GC makes no sense whatsoever - it's supposed to be like using cash.I think the OP meant that the pre-order included a GC bonus, not that he purchased with a GC.

Last preorder I had they actually lowered the price before shipping.

I don't think that Target has much control their online movie sales. AEC (which handles online movie sales for just about every retailer) handles that stuff. They do tend to have the same prices when something is in their ad, but other than that, things can be a little weird there.

I tend (or at least I used to, it seems their online website for movies has disappeared in the past couple of days and given that the same thing happened to the one Sears had about a year ago and it never came back, there is no telling if Kmart 's will come back... I liked theirs because you could use/earn SYW points on the stuff) to preorder a lot of stuff from Kmart and the stuff I get from them is handled by the same people that handle Target 's. As you could imagine, since Kmart is a mess anyway, their customer service would throw their hands up in the air anytime something went wrong and told me I needed to contact AEC directly. Maybe, and I don't know, dealing directly with AEC might be more productive than dealing with Target? Of course, AEC probably isn't beholden to Target 's policies so that might not be effective.

Why didn't you just do a return / rebuy? Target has a large return policy.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016