Ebay No more Earning Bucks @Ebay on ALL Gifts Cards After 10/1/2016 and no eBay Bucks redeemed on eBay GC's as of 1/1/17

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
This was in my eBay bucks page.

Bucks news
Gift Cards, Digital Gifts, and eBay Gift Cards exclusions for October 1, 2016and January 1, 2017 
After October 1, 2016, you will not be able to earn eBay Bucks when purchasing eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts purchases within the Gift Cards & Coupons category. 
After January 1, 2017, you will not be able to redeem eBay Bucks for eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupons category. 
See Terms and Conditions for more details.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Coming to post the same thing. Wonder how long that will last or if sellers will get smart and move into other categories. These eBay bucks have to drive some sales.

ScottMalinowski said:   This was in my eBay bucks page.

Bucks news

Gift Cards, Digital Gifts, and eBay Gift Cards exclusions for October 1, 2016and January 1, 2017 
After October 1, 2016, you will not be able to earn eBay Bucks when purchasing eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts purchases within the Gift Cards & Coupons category. 
After January 1, 2017, you will not be able to redeem eBay Bucks for eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupons category. 
See Terms and Conditions for more details.

&

Scott, please update your title to reflect the change to no eBay Bux redeemed on eBay GC's as of 1/1/17. that's important too.

Totally blows,

how many of us buy gc's when they have the 8-10% eBay Bucks Promos.

Very little incentive to buy a $100 GC for $95 without the 10% eBay bucks.

Oh well eBay, watch your sales for gift cards PLUMMET unless you start lowering the selling price for the gc's to factor in the loss of bucks.

FYI, you can buy gift cards with eBay gift cards NOW. Don't know how long it will last though. This was shut down in the past several weeks.

Fck eBay and paypal someone needs to make a competitor site

they will bring it back once their stock plunges on the quarterly results

OP, please put "eBay" in your thread title

Sucks big time! Even less incentive to shop there now. Thanks for nothing, eBay...

Doesn't affect other purchases?

We have to brain storm.  I have $21 coming in Oct, I can put it in a eBay gift card  for now.   For the 3rd quarter, I would have to spend $50 during the 10% sales in order to make the $5.  This can include gift cards... I wonder about coins.... the fact is I like to think my purchases out very carefully.  eBay is going to improve its way out of my life. 

Under their new set up- a rebate probably wont be a factor in any of this. 

I updated the topic. Thank you everyone. I agree with everyone. I was using the discounted GC's with bucks to pay for all sorts of things on our common expense list looks like this avenue of savings is coming to a close, lets see what happens after the road closes.

And I just recently started shopping on eBay again, thanks to eBay Bucks on GCs. Time to do one last redemption and go away forever...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017