• filter:

SIRIUS XM TCPA CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT SETTLEMENT

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
LINK
Sirius XM Radio Inc. has agreed to pay $35 million to settle several class action lawsuits that allege the company illegally used predictive dialers for†telemarketing†calls, a violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).The TCPA regulates the use of autodialers and prohibits the use of artificial or prerecorded voices to make non-emergency calls to cellphone numbers without the recipientís prior consent. This settlement is one of the largest under the TCPA.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
By checking this box, ... I believe I am eligible for class membership, I was never a paying subscriber of Sirius XMís radio service prior to July 5, 2016, and all of the information on this claim form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.*

rated:
you also have to have the vin and radio id .... I had 2 new cars and they kept hounding me to buy the service , no idea what the old car vin ID is

rated:
check with your insurance company - they should have it in your records.

rated:
I have been receiving offers from Sirius for discounted rates, even a free week every now and then. I find it it's too much hassle to take out the radio unit and all the wires, antenna to set up. I think I will request cash instead. If I hard an in-car receiver I would probably take the three months free instead.

rated:
I got 3 brand new Acura with Sirius and never received a call from Siri. I guess they figured that I am broke after getting 3 new cars?

rated:
There's several threads over at the other site that talks about how you can get Siruis for $25 for 6 months or occasionally 5 months for $20. They keep telling me I'm no longer eligible for the 5 months for $20 but $25 for 6 isn't too bad. I always threaten to cancel because I can listen to my ipod which has spotify and they always end up giving me that rate even though they always say initially that they can't do it. You also get 2 free months if you just got a used car, search for it.

rated:
Sirius came in my car when I bought it. It came with one year free service as I recall. Ever since, almost 4 years, I've gotten regular emails from them (one or two every month) offering 5 or 6 months for $25.00. I've never resubscribed. The problem with Sirius is they have too many channels and use way too much audio compression in order to cram in all those channels. As a result music sounds crappy; just slightly better than AM radio. With car Bluetooth and cellphone streaming, in car hard drive storage, and USB ports in most cars, there is little that satellite service can offer. It is an old technology with little relevance today. I'll pass.

rated:
Yeah.. the compression is just too too nasty..

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017