Kmart orders missing points

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hello,

I recently had 2 orders at Kmart that should have had extra points but didnt.  The first order was a bike that my email confirmation showed I would get $5 in points back, but I never got them.  On saturday I purchases some clothes that should have given me $15 in extra points but i didnt get it.

I called 800-991-8708 to speak to SYW, but i could not find a way to speak to a live person.  All it said is I would see the points in 30 days.

I also emailed info@shopyourwayrewards.com.

Can anyone share their experience trying to get missing points?  Does calling them actually work or will I ever see these points?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good luck with that. Even with screen shots they wouldn't give them to me. I emailed back and forth, no way to speak with a live person. They said points were an estimate only. And I didn't know that you can't pay with points and still get points back. In the end, for good will, they gave me half the points 1 time only.

I've been successful by emailing them and explaining everything as best as I can, mentioning dates, the items I purchased, the specific ongoing points back deal, etc.  I've forwarded e-receipts and screen shots of my orders and it's worked for me.

Yes, I had to call them twice. 2nd time they got some level 2 CSR and got my points next day.

Ok thanks I'll call them again tom. sounds really shady

I just got an email from Kmart. They are saying 1 of the 3 clothes I bought were just on sale not clearance, which is why i didnt get the points. All 3 items were in a section labeled clearance. All 3 had clearance stickers, and all 3 rang up 50% off the tag price. So looks like I have a fight on my hands. The CSR did not tell me which one was on "sale", which sounds fishy to me.

sportsfan64 said:   I've been successful by emailing them and explaining everything as best as I can, mentioning dates, the items I purchased, the specific ongoing points back deal, etc.  I've forwarded e-receipts and screen shots of my orders and it's worked for me.

what email? 

info@shopyourwayrewards.com. ?

needhelpplease said:   
sportsfan64 said:   I've been successful by emailing them and explaining everything as best as I can, mentioning dates, the items I purchased, the specific ongoing points back deal, etc.  I've forwarded e-receipts and screen shots of my orders and it's worked for me.

what email? 

info@shopyourwayrewards.com. ?

Yes.

I went through something similar; Called and emailed for over a week; Due to some glitch, if you don't have your order# and ask for "representative", transfers to an invalid number. Thought at 1st that customer service must be closed. But no.
Talked to a CSRs who responded in automatic replies that didn't relate to my problem (like points or coupons have expiration dates or coupons have qualifying items or conditions) and told to call SYW. SYW says call Sears. And I got canned emails replies that also didn't relate to my problem (with chat links that I couldn't open). Are they listening to me or are they reading my emails?!? NO. No real help.
Finally, I was fuming. What a run-around. I asked to speak to a supervisor; Supervisor gave "an accommodation" since the 15% off coupon when she tested it (I got an err: " many invalid coupons" WHAT?). "You will see $3 in points tomorrow." Uh, why only $3 (since 15% would be about $5 (and why points (since I paid $$ by cc)? She basically said take it or leave it! Jeez... CS sucks! Anyway, I took it ($3 points).
2nd problem - My missing $10 bonus points, she said she couldn't do anything about. I explained I added a $7 item to my order to meet the bonus point qualifier. Each item was screen-captured with offer and emailed. She said my bonus point issue would be escalated and they would contact me by email. This was after spending many hours on this.
THEN, the next day, points were taken OUT of my account. Because when the supervisor tested the coupon; she did something to back out the base points that the original purchase put in my account. IE- not only did she NOT HELP. SHE MADE THINGS WORSE! I never received the $3 accommodation. And no one contacted me by email. I do not want to thru that again: phone hell with robo-operator, the run-around (syw says call Kmart/Sears and vice-versa) or Stepford wife CSRs and email (Thanking me for business yet ignoring my request for help and sending chat links that don't open).
Use them with caution! When online, examine all details after each step, particularly when redeeming points and entering CC. Details change at very last point. So, it doesn't matter if you screen printed the whole prior process when it changes at the last second.
I did not return the items I bought because it is a hassle since there are no stores in my area.
Good luck to you! I don't have anymore patience.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017