New Jersey Gas Prices to Rise effective 11/1. Bill signed by Gov. Krispy, 23c per gln additional Gas Tax

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
​There will be a lot more people moving into NJ to take advantage of the Estate tax repeal.  Anyone with $5MM estate fro... (more)

HumDoHamaraDo (Oct. 22, 2016 @ 7:32a) |

I know more people moving OUT of NJ because of the Real Estate Tax.
Estate tax repeal or higher price of gas will not be ... (more)

mikebeets (Oct. 22, 2016 @ 7:47p) |

I live in PA and went over to NJ on business.  I figured the gas stations would be busy for the last day of cheap(er) ga... (more)

sportsfan64 (Oct. 31, 2016 @ 2:50p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

there go the days of the NJTPKE being some of the best gas prices along the I-95 corridor.  wah wah wah....  

Sucks, and the other taxes they are reducing will not help most.

is this to be used for bridge repairs again?

This thread title is incorrect. The new gas tax goes into effect as soon as the legislature passes it followed by Gov. Christie signing the bill. That is as soon as next Wednesday, 10/5.

This will cost me a couple of hundred bucks annually.

time to fix all the intrastructure...(yet again) these pols never stop ******* us. thought the trillion dollars "stimulus" plan took care of that//

bation46 said:   is this to be used for bridge repairs again?
  No, to help the governor pay hefty fees to the law firms that will prove him innocent on scandals like Bridgegate!

devyanks90 said:   This thread title is incorrect. The new gas tax goes into effect as soon as the legislature passes it followed by Gov. Christie signing the bill. That is as soon as next Wednesday, 10/5.

This will cost me a couple of hundred bucks annually.

yes, thanks for pointing it out. I fixed it.

justanothergeek said:    there go the days of the NJTPKE being some of the best gas prices along the I-95 corridor.  wah wah wah....  

Drive on 295 instead and you would have gotten much cheaper prices at a Wawa or Pilot. 

That's what they want you to think.

rsuaver said:   

That's what they want you to think.

Christie needs more money from the tax payers (other than his rich friends like Trump) to pay lawyers that will bail him out again (Bridgegate scandal is about to blow up on his big fat pig-face).

Real estate fire sale alert:

Gas stations (aka "Pumpers") located in cities/towns bordering New York state will have a serious reduction in sales when the new taxes take effect.

why wait till 2017 when you can force it thru now !!btw, how about throwing in another temporary (aka permanent)school tax increse ???

I guess I should stock up this week. 

Stolat said:   Real estate fire sale alert:

Gas stations (aka "Pumpers") located in cities/towns bordering New York state will have a serious reduction in sales when the new taxes take effect.

very true. and not just in gas sales, but other businesses nearby that benefit from people x'ing the state line to run errands inc. getting the gas.

Vote was postponed.

mikebeets said:   Vote was postponed.
 Whatcha talkin' bout mikebeets?

The state Legislature on Friday passed legislation to raise New Jersey's gasoline tax for the first time since 1988.

That tax increase will go into effect Nov. 1 or two weeks after it is signed by Gov. Chris Christie, whichever is later.

The bill (A12) passed the 40-member state Senate on Friday on a vote of 24-14.  

The 80-member Assembly followed suit, passing the bill 44-27 Friday afternoon.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/heres_how_your_lawm... 

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
mikebeets said:   Vote was postponed.
 Whatcha talkin' bout mikebeets?

The state Legislature on Friday passed legislation to raise New Jersey's gasoline tax for the first time since 1988.

That tax increase will go into effect Nov. 1 or two weeks after it is signed by Gov. Chris Christie, whichever is later.

The bill (A12 ) passed the 40-member state Senate on Friday on a vote of 24-14.  

The 80-member Assembly followed suit, passing the bill 44-27 Friday afternoon.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/heres_how_your_lawm...

It was supposed to be voted on Wed. and postponed it for 2 days. Mike must have seen an older story.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Bill is now law. Takes effect 11/1.  http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/10/christie_signs_23-c...
  October 30, 2016 will mark the last day I buy gas in NJ; a twenty-three cents price spike is a big deal.  I'll pay the taxes to a different jurisdiction.

​There will be a lot more people moving into NJ to take advantage of the Estate tax repeal.  Anyone with $5MM estate from NY, CT, PA, MA would have to consider making NJ their permanent residence, a good alternative to FL.

HumDoHamaraDo said:   ​There will be a lot more people moving into NJ to take advantage of the Estate tax repeal. 
I know more people moving OUT of NJ because of the Real Estate Tax.
Estate tax repeal or higher price of gas will not be making much difference for some people:

We have friends in NJ, Phila area, retiring to the mountain of NC.
And a few more seriously looking South to VA-NC-SC.
Most places, the cost of living is much lower, crime rate is lower and there is, I was told, part time job in Tourism related industry - good for older people tired of the North East.

I live in PA and went over to NJ on business.  I figured the gas stations would be busy for the last day of cheap(er) gas, but it was just like any other day.  The station handed out notices to the customers notifying them of the upcoming increase by the state.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017