• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Got an email today from FreedomPop for their mobile wifi service - device - $9.99 and $19.99/month for 8gig

I have been using Your Karma for almost a year now and have been very happy with it.  This FreedomPop deal seems pretty tempting - anyone have experience with them?

[l=https://www.freedompop.com/offer/wireless4xpromoEM?[/l]

Gary G

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Does it have 500M free?

rated:
fatweah said:   Does it have 500M free?

Netgear Zing Mobile Hotspot $9.99
Premium 2GB (4G/3G) ($19.99/month) $19.99
FreedomPop Premier Trial ($9.99/month) FREE
Sub Total : $29.98
Estimated 24179 Tax update: $0.00
Shipping: Standard 3 to 7 days FREE
Due Today: $29.98

rated:
that's not $19.99/month for 8GB ...

rated:
Be sure to read all conditions in shopping cart:

"The Premium 8GB (4G/3G) data plan is 100% free for the first month. You will continue to receive 8GB/month for a total of $19.99 for an additional 5 months after your trial period expires. After 6 month it becomes 2GB/month for $19.99.
The FreedomPop Premier service is 100% Free for the first month, You will continue to receive every month for a total of $9.99 after your trial.
By clicking Activate, you authorize FreedomPop to charge $29.98 at the beginning of each future subscription period. Your FreedomPop service will not begin until your device ships. Cancel or downgrade your service any time."

What’s the deal?
Get a 4G LTE Netgear Fuse Hotspot for ONLY $29.99 + 4x your data for the first 6-months of service with this offer! Get 8GB of data at $19.99/mo instead of only 2GB with this exclusive Labor Day Sale.

Do I need to activate it?
It will arrive to you already activated!

What network does FreedomPop use?
FreedomPop’s, 100% free plan comes with 4G LTE every month. However, for just $3.99/mo you’ll receive 500MB of 4G LTE data with nationwide 3G fallback. We also offer a 2GB plan of 4G LTE with nationwide 3G fallback for only $19.99/mo! There is NO contract, NO commitment, cancel anytime!

Our Fast Speeds – Enjoy LTE wireless internet (10x faster than 3G) with the ability to earn additional free data every month by adding friends! Earn unlimited free data by completing partner offers too!

*Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage.

Are all FreedomPop Hotspots Network compatibility 4G LTE with 3G fallback?
Note, the Netgear Fuse Hotspot in this exclusive deal is ONLY compatible with our 4G LTE network.

Are there any special add-on services that I can get?
One of our top value-added services is Premier Service:

What’s Premier Service?
-Data rollover
-Pay As You Go Boost
-Online Security
-Private Internet
-Data Compression
-Premium Support
-Usage Alerts

rated:
athing said:   Be sure to read all conditions in shopping cart:

"The Premium 8GB (4G/3G) data plan is 100% free for the first month. You will continue to receive 8GB/month for a total of $19.99 for an additional 5 months after your trial period expires. After 6 month it becomes 2GB/month for $19.99.
The FreedomPop Premier service is 100% Free for the first month, You will continue to receive every month for a total of $9.99 after your trial.
By clicking Activate, you authorize FreedomPop to charge $29.98 at the beginning of each future subscription period. Your FreedomPop service will not begin until your device ships. Cancel or downgrade your service any time."

What’s the deal?
Get a 4G LTE Netgear Fuse Hotspot for ONLY $29.99 + 4x your data for the first 6-months of service with this offer! Get 8GB of data at $19.99/mo instead of only 2GB with this exclusive Labor Day Sale.

Do I need to activate it?
It will arrive to you already activated!

What network does FreedomPop use?
FreedomPop ’s, 100% free plan comes with 4G LTE every month. However, for just $3.99/mo you’ll receive 500MB of 4G LTE data with nationwide 3G fallback. We also offer a 2GB plan of 4G LTE with nationwide 3G fallback for only $19.99/mo! There is NO contract, NO commitment, cancel anytime!

Our Fast Speeds – Enjoy LTE wireless internet (10x faster than 3G) with the ability to earn additional free data every month by adding friends! Earn unlimited free data by completing partner offers too!

*Go to www.freedompop.com/coverage3g4g to view the full coverage.

Are all FreedomPop Hotspots Network compatibility 4G LTE with 3G fallback?
Note, the Netgear Fuse Hotspot in this exclusive deal is ONLY compatible with our 4G LTE network.

Are there any special add-on services that I can get?
One of our top value-added services is Premier Service:

What’s Premier Service?
-Data rollover
-Pay As You Go Boost
-Online Security
-Private Internet
-Data Compression
-Premium Support
-Usage Alerts

I still don't understand, "100% free plan comes with 4G LTE every month. However, for just $3.99/mo you’ll receive 500MB of 4G LTE data with nationwide 3G fallback." So there is a 100% free 4G LTE plan for 500M data? Does the 4G LTE actually work?

rated:
Despite the Sprint hype, some areas do NOT have good 4G LTE signal levels.  When that happens, IF you only have the free plan or the unit you have is 4G only, you may have a problem.  I have a different MiFi unit that can do either 4G or 3G.  When I do NOT have good 4G LTE signal levels, my unit falls back to 3G and a slower transfer rate.

4G LTE actually works if the signal quality is at a certain level - yes.  I like Sensorly coverage maps   BUT that is dependent on actual users using their app.  IF nobody runs there app in a given area, it shows white despite signal quality may exist in the white area.

I converted to 500MG per month at $3.99 per month with an additional option to bank unused portion total= $7.98 per month.FreedomPop Data Rollover your unused data and maximize your FreedomPop value -- up to 500MB/month!  This is in addition to the 500 MB for free on the free plan, so up to a total of 1 GB can be banked each month up to a total of up to 20GB of Rollover data.  The additional UP TO 500MG each month of free bandwidth comes from friends which can be gotten in the support forums.  Personally, I have banked 6.59 GB because of some months of very low usage.

Just be sure to use it at least every other month to avoid it being frozen out They froze one of mine and still collected from the credit card while making it impossible for me to use it.

rated:
The censorly map does not have much coverage at all. According to FreedomPop coverage map, I am completely in the 4G coverage area. But it was not working - haven't checked for a long time though. Is the 4G really LTE or some old WiMax coverage?

rated:
FreedomPop uses Sprint as their backbone, so the Sensorly coverage map should be set to Sprint.  WiMax is officially toast.  4G LTE is real, but signal quality is YMMV.  I also follow a bunch of guys who tower hunt for fun.  They have sections for each part of the country and keep up with tower changes.
http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016