Sears at Discover Deals disappeared?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I was gonna spend $4K at Sears last night on new kitchen appliances.  Set up my shopping cart, went to Discover Deals to click on the Sears link, and nothing!

Well, almost nothing. There's a coupon in there for like $5 off, that says "expires 12/31/2016".

Does that mean the only Discover Deals for Sears is going to be $5 off for the rest of the year?

Does anybody know?

i know there are other shopping portals. But it'/ a lot easier to use Discover Deals because I'm already familiar with it. Won't be worried about getting ripped off. And I've got one of those .double cash back offers on my Discover card. So 5% cash back would be 10% cash back.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's been back for a while know. I've noticed this happens on occasion for both Sears and Kmart.

Goofy4Deals said:   It's been back for a while know. I've noticed this happens on occasion for both Sears and Kmart. 

Is it really back for you? I've had that Sears page bookmarked and been checking it a lot. I've never seen it come back. I've just got some stupid $5 of $50 purchase offer.

What's weird is I kind get to the 5% CB deal if I get to it via a Google search or through CashbackMonitor.com. But the page I get to, no matter how much I play with the browser pre-logging in and what not, asks me to login.

After I login all I can find is the stupid $5 off $50 Sears purchase deal. No matter how much I play with the browser.

one thing I've found out is if you go to this page, you can scroll down the the stores that start with 'S' and expand the 'S' section. There will be two deals listed for Sears. One for "Sears Online" and the other for "Sears online". Note one has an upper-case 'O' in online and the other a lower-case.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/deals/all-merchants.html

The upper-case one is the stupid $5 off $50 purchase. The lower case one is the 5% CB one.

However, no matter how I play with the browser, even if I'm pre-logged in, when I get to that page I linked above, it asks me to login. And after I login, the lower-case 5% CB disappears...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017