Hyundai Sonata Class Action Settlement

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
LINK
Hyundai has agreed to settle a class action lawsuit with Sonata owners claiming their engines failed and Hyundai dealers allegedly declined to replace them under warranties.The affected vehicles include 2011 – 2014 model year Hyundai Sonatas with a Theta II 2.0 liter or 2.4 liter gasoline direct injection engine.
Deadline 01/26/2017

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does this apply to Kia Optimas with the same engine?

pizzatriangle said:   Does this apply to Kia Optimas with the same engine?

Click on the link and check. I just post the basic info.
99% of the actions I find don't even apply to me!

I received this in the mail about 3 weeks ago. This does nothing to address the problem that hyundai is lying about these engines. At first it was 2011 and some 2012 engines, now it's up to 2013/2014 and Kia owners are now seeing engines blow.

One of the "fixes" for the recall was to replace the dipsticks that change what "full" means, so now to show "full" you need to add like a half a quart of oil. So all this time sonata owners you have not been putting enough oil in these flawed engines.

This only extends the warranty to 120k. The "test" for the engine is a joke and there are many engines that "passed" the test that are now blowing.

If you have a sonata read this.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/yf-2011-sonata-i45/414281-recall-c...

CouponClippen said:   
pizzatriangle said:   Does this apply to Kia Optimas with the same engine?

Click on the link and check. I just post the basic info.
99% of the actions I find don't even apply to me!

If you own a sonata in this time frame you will.

4. Did you sell or trade in your vehicle and wish to be contacted due to loss in value?

What're they offering $$??
=14px" The settlement also provides cash reimbursement for certain trade-ins and sales of unrepaired vehicles."
What if I sell later this year (prior to 1/17)?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017