• filter:

Citibank Call Recording Class Action Settlement (California)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
This was originally posted by gd78 but it was archived. Apparently it's supposed to pay out very soon.

Citibank NA agreed to pay $1.55 million to settle a class action lawsuit stemming over allegations that the banking giant listened-in on customer phone calls made to its toll-free line, without informing callers that they were being recorded.

Eligibility (California residents only):
Class Members include all individuals who participated in one or more phone conversations with Citibank at 800-745-1534 and were recorded or monitored without being informed between Apr. 3, 2013 and May 15, 2013.

Potential Award:
$350 – $2,500

Claim form:
https://californiacallrecordingsettlement.com/mainpage/ClaimForm.aspx 

This is a big payout, but note the short time window of when you had to have called them. You must provide the phone number that you used to call them at that number, so I'm sure they will match it up to their records.

Cue the comments about how only the lawyers are getting rich and class actions are a scam. 

Member Summary
THE DEADLINE TO FILE FOR THIS HAS PASSED.
THREAD IS INFORMATIONAL ONLY SINCE PAYOUT IS DUE TO MAIL OUT SOON.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Reports of 1099's arriving for this with payouts of $2200+.

rated:
I would gladly pay the taxes on a $2200 class action settlement. Money is money in my back pocket.

rated:
busnut said:   I would gladly pay the taxes on a $2200 class action settlement. Money is money in my back pocket.
  Hope you filed!

rated:
Claim Forms submitted online must be submitted by no later than June 28, 2016. Claim Forms submitted by mail to the Settlement Administrator must be postmarked no later than June 28, 2016.

rated:
DealManMagician said:   Claim Forms submitted online must be submitted by no later than June 28, 2016. Claim Forms submitted by mail to the Settlement Administrator must be postmarked no later than June 28, 2016.
 Correct
The thread was pulled from the archives because it will payout soon.

rated:
Can you still fill out a claim form? I'm not finding one.

rated:
donrull said:   Can you still fill out a claim form? I'm not finding one.
  NO

rated:
Citibank check are out I see $1470 on FB

rated:
benjaminkarter said:   Citibank check are out I see $1470 on FB
  I saw the frequent fillers post also.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017