• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
 Victoria's Secret Loyal Customers, Victoria's Secret (Les Wexner) has officially discontinued their wonderful 'Secret Rewards Program.'  It is extremely disappointing and upsetting!!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
if it was a secret nobody will even know..

rated:
lisrav said:    Victoria's Secret Loyal Customers, Victoria's Secret (Les Wexner) has officially discontinued their wonderful 'Secret Rewards Program.'  It is extremely disappointing and upsetting!!
  What is this based on?  Can you attach a link to the story?

rated:
TRD703:  I have personally emailed VS and they have confirmed this sad news. .  In short, since Sharon Turney, CEO, unexpectedly resigned,  Les Wexner, took over her duties and has been discontinuing several lines such as the VS lounge and swim; eliminated mailing out any and all catalogs and coupons (coupons including free panty and $10 off a bra) in order to save money.   This is coming from a man who is a millionaire and also owns Bath and Body Works and the Limited.   What is he going to discontinue next; the Semi Annual Sale???

Below includes a link that confirms the news:

http://yeswecoupon.com/breaking-victorias-secret-rewards-news-th...

rated:
lisrav said:   TRD703:  I have personally emailed VS and they have confirmed this sad news. .  In short, since Sharon Turney, CEO, unexpectedly resigned,  Les Wexner, took over her duties and has been discontinuing several lines such as the VS lounge and swim; eliminated mailing out any and all catalogs and coupons (coupons including free panty and $10 off a bra) in order to save money.   This is coming from a man who is a millionaire and also owns Bath and Body Works and the Limited.   What is he going to discontinue next; the Semi Annual Sale???

Thanks for sharing the link to the article.

Just to clarify, Les Wexner doesn't "own" Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body works, or the Limited.  He's the CEO of L Brands which means he's in charge, not owner of.  The fact that he's a millionaire isn't relevant.

But, I'm pretty disappointed.  I'm a man so it's not like I shopped there (and no, I didn't look at their catalogs), but my wife really likes their swim collections.  She found out about the swim line being discontinued a couple months ago and was complaining.  Looks like she'll be finding somewhere else to buy her personal things.

rated:
Message initiated from topic: Victoria's Secret has discontinued their Secret Reward Program 

Yes, the swim line was nice.  

Who is the owner of Victorias' Secret?  Les Wexner did purchase the company off of original owner Roy Raymond.    

rated:
Leslie Wexner is worth over $7 billion, so he is a billionaire, not millionaire. He has controlled all those companies.  It is a constant rotation of CEOs and senior execs.  He was the founder of The Limited, and bought Victoria's Secret in 1982, when it was 6 stores and no catalog.  Even built a town and required his execs to live there.  His house is nearly $50 million.  http://www.newalbanycompany.com

He controls everything.  He brought in the former CEO of Spanx in September to be CEO.

When they discontinued the catalog and swimware, they said they would focus on the loyalty program.  Now they've discontinued that...

Wexner also snapped up Abercrombie & Fitch, Lerner, and Lane Bryant during the 1980s, then sold them.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2014/09/30/victorias-ot... 

rated:
lisrav said:   TRD703:  I have personally emailed VS and they have confirmed this sad news. .  In short, since Sharon Turney, CEO, unexpectedly resigned,  Les Wexner, took over her duties and has been discontinuing several lines such as the VS lounge and swim; eliminated mailing out any and all catalogs and coupons (coupons including free panty and $10 off a bra) in order to save money.   This is coming from a man who is a millionaire and also owns Bath and Body Works and the Limited.   What is he going to discontinue next; the Semi Annual Sale???

Nothing to add but a friend worked for Les at the Limited and said Les used to have bodyguards follow him everywhere. 
Just couldn't pass up the opportunity to pass along some Les gossip.

rated:
saladdin said:   

Nothing to add but a friend worked for Les at the Limited and said Les used to have bodyguards follow him everywhere. 

Lets see,
1. worth a Billion Dollars,
2. walking around in the open
3. Someone might get an idea to kidnap or rob such a person worth a billion dollars.

Private Security is $25,000 a DAY.  That's 9 milllion a year.  and he has more than 1.  Wow.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
saladdin said:   

Lets see,
1. worth a Billion Dollars,
2. walking around in the open
3. Someone might get an idea to kidnap or rob such a person worth a billion dollars.

Private Security is $25,000 a DAY.  That's 9 milllion a year.  and he has more than 1.  Wow.

Don't know what you're smoking, but Les is not paying $25,000 a day for private security.  At most, figure two guys making $150k a year, plus two more other shifts, that's $600k a year or $1643 a day.  Let's assume he had 10 guys, it's still only $4,100 a day.

rated:
Hmm, I read somewhere that Heidi Montag can't afford spending $25k a day just to have a private bodyguard, but another website says a 'Green Beret' type is $1700 a day. Still a lot to blow, but if you are a billionaire, this is insurance to keep you alive.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Hmm, I read somewhere that Heidi Montag can't afford spending $25k a day just to have a private bodyguard, but another website says a 'Green Beret' type is $1700 a day. Still a lot to blow, but if you are a billionaire, this is insurance to keep you alive.
  Maybe she was talking about the cost of her implants.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016