• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I recently bought a house. The neighborhood is very nice in one of the SoCal but I would like to have some alarm system in the house while we all family are traveling or me and my wife are in our work/business. I am looking for a good/reliable and reasonably priced alarm company. No camera and such needed.

I have dry DSL in home for internet and voip phone service (Obihai ). So no telephone line in home.

I absolutely despise ADT as I always have issues with them in two businesses that I own in Colorado. I don't want to deal with them for home.

I am looking at SimpliSafe and I want to know if FW crowd has any experience.

Any other recommendations for SoCal area please?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Your real problem is a lack of phone line. That leaves out most cheap traditional monitoring services.

rated:
Look for a split wireless system. That is, the brains is separate from the keypads. And then get cellular monitoring (at a premium of $10 a month).

rated:
I also looked at simplisafe but took in went with Livewatch instead based on no contract. I had to buy equipment upfront but to secure four doors and for motion sensor as well as home base it was less than 80.00 for equipment. It works off cellular and cost about thirty dollars a month, they may offer discount for paying quarterly, I would definitely ask.

rated:
If you are not afraid of doing some basic wiring, look at a GE Concorde system. It combines hard wiring and wireless devices. It can get expensive fast, but it is a system that is used by many private firms.......

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016