• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My 17 year old VW Passat is on life support. Just worn out, has a month left before inspection and emissions expire- it can't pass either one without thousands in repairs. I would rather spend repair money on a new car. Should I squeeze life out of the VW and use Uber for the next 30 days for a BF deal on a new car, or go ahead and buy now?

Don't care about make/model, am going for reliability and a great deal. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
New? Used? Financing? Cash? Car's intended purpose & est. mi per yr? Budget limit?

rated:
Cars on BF aren't the best, it's cars in Late Dec.

rated:
I am leaning to a new car, targeting the 2016 models as excess inventory. Won't need a workhorse, estimated 7k-8k/year in mileage. Looking at sedans in the $20-$30k range. I don't need financing, will pay cash. Don't know if I can hold out another 2 months but if it's significantly less I would consider it.

rated:
My experience is late in August is the best time. A lot of new year models come in September. So most leverage & most choices. I bought a Civic for 88-90% of sticker otd years ago.

rated:
I would just go next weekend and look around and hope a dealership needs to hit numbers at the end of the month.

BF isn't much special for new car sales.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016