• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Wow an area that Amazon couldn't beat a competitor in.

Doesn't say but it appears Groupon got LivingSocial for free.
They bought Goldstar events a while ago too.

rated:
Haven't got anything on LS since they got the Amazon GC promotion.. it's all downhill from that point.

rated:
I just noticed Groupon switched from buying certificates to a credit card linked system for restaurants. I see a place I want to try - Pho King Noddles. I have big expectations with a name like that.

rated:
What do you think will happen to Living Social dollars balances? Hopefully will get converted into groupon bucks, at least there is 1-2 things to buy a year on that site.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Haven't got anything on LS since they got the Amazon GC promotion.. it's all downhill from that point.
  This

rated:
Is Groupon even still around? They seem to be about as relevant as Myspace among internet sites.

rated:
In my area, Groupon and Living Social are 99% useless. They have very slim pickens for offers, and any offer that is a possible for me, has the this offer doesn't not allow promo or coupons.

rated:
LORENW said:   In my area, Groupon and Living Social are 99% useless. They have very slim pickens for offers, and any offer that is a possible for me, has the this offer doesn't not allow promo or coupons.
  Apparently, Groupon is going to reduce the number of areas it focuses on to about 15 major markets from the curent about 27, 

rated:
atikovi said:   Is Groupon even still around? They seem to be about as relevant as Myspace among internet sites.
  Thay have LOTS of stuff near me, so it depends where you live.  Livng Social also has a bunch of stuff, but as an above post also stated, I haven't bought anything there in a long time, and I have had bad customer service that keeps me away (I had a Living Social expiring in 3 weeks,.  The merchant had a sign on the door stating they would be closed until 6 p. m. on the evening of the day my certificate expires.  I called Living Social 3 weeks before the expiration date to ask what happens if they don't open at 6 p. m. the day the certificate expires, and I am prevented from using the certificate.  The representative told me that unless they are permantly 'out of business', basically, 'tough noogies'.  They then followed up with an email that said something like 'We're sorry you didn't bother using your certificate before it expired', 3 weeks before it expired.)  I've had nothing but good expirences the few times I've called Groupon, having purchased about 200 Groupons (I live in New York, with lots of offers, and have been purchasing Groupons since 2009, when there was 1 deal a day, and you got points for being the first, or one of the first 50 to buy a deal.) 

rated:
lonestarguy said:   I see a place I want to try - Pho King Noddles. I have big expectations with a name like that.
So tell us, was it any phoking good?  

rated:
cows123 said:   Apparently, Groupon is going to reduce the number of areas it focuses on to about 15 major markets from the curent about 27, 

I interpreted your comment as them focusing on big cities, completely removing smaller cities where they currently have few offers.  But the bloomberg article says "Groupon plans to exit 11 countries, focusing only on 15, as it streamlines international operations."

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016