• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
If you got a notice in the mail or by email of a McAfee Antivirus class action settlement - you can go to http://www.mcafeewilliamsonsettlement.com and fill out a form and get $11.50 - takes less than 5 minutes.  Not bad. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This seems to only be open to those who've received a notice.

rated:
novocane said:   This seems to only be open to those who've received a notice."If you bought McAfee or Intel Security software between January 10, 2010 and February 10, 2015, but do not have the notice you received about this settlement or are otherwise unsure whether you are eligible to file a Cash Election Form, you can print a hard copy Cash Election Form by clicking here, completing and mailing in the form, and the Settlement Administrator will use the information you provide to confirm your eligibility for a payment."

rated:
Connman said:   
novocane said:   This seems to only be open to those who've received a notice.
"If you bought McAfee or Intel Security software between January 10, 2010 and February 10, 2015, but do not have the notice you received about this settlement or are otherwise unsure whether you are eligible to file a Cash Election Form, you can print a hard copy Cash Election Form by clicking here, completing and mailing in the form, and the Settlement Administrator will use the information you provide to confirm your eligibility for a payment."

Can the McAfee purchase be from any retailer? I'm sure I can find some old confirmation e-mails from Staples or Office Depot for McAfee purchases (FAR) that I made in the past (before McAfee started rejecting all my rebates).

rated:
Connman said:   
novocane said:   This seems to only be open to those who've received a notice.
"If you bought McAfee or Intel Security software between January 10, 2010 and February 10, 2015, but do not have the notice you received about this settlement or are otherwise unsure whether you are eligible to file a Cash Election Form, you can print a hard copy Cash Election Form by clicking here, completing and mailing in the form, and the Settlement Administrator will use the information you provide to confirm your eligibility for a payment."

The form requires the Personal ID number. It seems that you may send an email to see if you can get it 

rated:
Only people in the auto-renewal class are eligible for cash. Others can only get a worthless short-term coupon for their over-priced products.

rated:
dpacman said:   Only people in the auto-renewal class are eligible for cash. Others can only get a worthless short-term coupon for their over-priced products.

I would think anyone who did those Tiger Direct deals where you had to do the auto renewal requirement to get the rebate s/b eligible.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
dpacman said:   Only people in the auto-renewal class are eligible for cash. Others can only get a worthless short-term coupon for their over-priced products.

I would think anyone who did those Tiger Direct deals where you had to do the auto renewal requirement to get the rebate s/b eligible.

Exactly! I think there should be a 2nd class action against the scumbags at McAfee for not auto including these people in the class action.

rated:
So, here's who is eligible...

The “Auto-Renewal Class” consists of: All persons in the United States who paid McAfee for the automatic renewal of a subscription license for any McAfee software (including software branded under the McAfee or Intel Security names) from January 10, 2010 to February 10, 2015, and whose first auto-renewal charge was at a price greater than the price paid to McAfee for the initial subscription license. The Auto-Renewal Class does not include any person whose charges as described above were fully refunded by McAfee or fully credited through such person’s credit or debit card issuer.

The “Reference Price Class” consists of: All persons in the United States (1) who initially purchased from McAfee or manually renewed through McAfee a subscription license for any McAfee software (including software branded under the McAfee or Intel Security names) from January 10, 2010 to February 10, 2015, and (2) whose subscription license was initially purchased or manually renewed at a discounted price.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016