• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Cheapest Sprint MVNO besides Ringplus?

Need limited min. data for in laws..

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
scoutconnor said:   FreedomPop
 Too many gotchas and "trial" deals.. 

rated:
I am a FreedomPop customer, but I read customer service has gone to a new low. While I am content with my arrangements, I cannot recommend FreedomPop. Their customer service had a lot to be desired before the latest reports of a major reduction in customer service levels and performance.

rated:
This is way complicated without FreedomPop. There's like a zillion Sprint MVNO's compared to AT&T, VZW & TM offerings.

rated:
zapjb said:   This is way complicated without FreedomPop. There's like a zillion Sprint MVNO's compared to AT&T, VZW & TM offerings.

That's why I'm posting  Looking for a sub $10/mo plan...

rated:
Ok. How many min text data?

rated:
My daughter recently switched to tello. I have no experience with this company, but am considering it myself in future. She's on Pay As You Go - 3 cents talk, 1 cent text, 2 cents/MB. You can make your own monthly plan if you prefer. For example, a plan with 100 mins., 200 texts, 200 MB would be $9.00 monthly. If you don't use one of those components, you don't have to have it and your price would be cheaper. They seem pretty flexible with their plans. You can customize and change when you need to.

rated:
Google Fi. Comes with unlimited minutes and you pay $10/gb for data. Unused data is refunded to your bill. $20 line fee/mo. For example:

$20/mo + 1gb/mo=$30
$20/mo+ .5gb=$25 monthly bill

Works on Sprint and T-Mobile networks automatically switching between whichever is stronger. If you mostly use WiFi, great, your bill will be lower. Access is available in 120 countries for the same price as your bill at home.

The plan is only available on Google Nexus phones right now, so if the in-laws want Stevie's Wunderfon, it's not for them.

rated:
needhelpplease said:   Cheapest Sprint MVNO besides Ringplus?

Need limited min. data for in laws..

None.

rated:
Look at Ting: https://ting.com

rated:
I'm a fan of Republic Wireless. I got lightly used 1st Gen Moto G's for the in-laws about a year ago, and they are on the $10/mo unlimited talk and text plan. They use Wi-Fi for data. However, I believe those phones are on the T-Mobile network. I recently upgraded my Republic Wireless phone to the Moto G4 Plus, so I'm on the $15/mo unlimited talk & text plan, which is through Sprint.

rated:
For multiple lines and non-heavy data users, I would second ting.com as tough to beat.

rated:
Dealpouncer said:   Google Fi. Comes with unlimited minutes and you pay $10/gb for data. Unused data is refunded to your bill. $20 line fee/mo. For example:

$20/mo + 1gb/mo=$30
$20/mo+ .5gb=$25 monthly bill

Works on Sprint and T-Mobile networks automatically switching between whichever is stronger. If you mostly use WiFi, great, your bill will be lower. Access is available in 120 countries for the same price as your bill at home.

The plan is only available on Google Nexus phones right now, so if the in-laws want Stevie's Wunderfon, it's not for them.

Google FI sounds great on paper, but your limited to the Nexus if you want switching between T-Mobile, Sprint and US Cellular. Once you ad taxes, the plan is kinda blah, and when you run an iPhone on it your stuff on T-Mobile which there are better MNVO services for much cheaper out there. Me, personally, I need an iPhone long term, unless Apple lets iMessage out into the wild, sadly, that is what keeps me on the iPhone, for now.  

rated:
JW10 said:   I am a FreedomPop customer, but I read customer service has gone to a new low. While I am content with my arrangements, I cannot recommend FreedomPop.  Their customer service had a lot to be desired before the latest reports of a major reduction in customer service levels and performance.
I agree. Had an issue and couldn't get customer any customer service via phone or online.  Online help request page was down.

Also, you need to double check everything as it will often keep a chargeable extra and then you have to look for the small type links to remove them.

Until they get some decent customer service and become more honest on their sign-ups (by getting rids of extra charges etc that aren't wanted), I would avoid.

rated:
TPO Mobile? $10.50 for 1 GB plan available looks to be in your in laws price range.

rated:
minhphan said:   TPO Mobile? $10.50 for 1 GB plan available looks to be in your in laws price range.
  First month only?

rated:
mathfaster said:   Look at Ting: https://ting.com
  We used Ting for a while until I found Ring+, it was fine, but Ring+ is far cheaper
Ting is reasonable for low usage

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016