• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I came across this ShopSmarter.com site when I was buying something at WalMart. They said I could get $10 cash back on my first purchase? This seems like a scam to me but the site looked pretty legit once I checked it out. For $9.97 a month you get 10% cash back at a lot of popular stores. I've used ebates a lot but the cash back is lower. If you online shop a lot, it seems like a good deal to me. I don’t know, just wanted to see if anyone’s ever heard of it before or had any reviews on the site.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Not much in a quick search as far as reviews, but the following may be worth checking out: https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.shopsmarter.com

rated:
There are many rules and the biggest is, you have to ship it to your home (Not to store). $10/month and you have to ship it (And possibly pay for shipping?) not worth it to me.

You basically have to buy $100 /month to even pay for the membership.

rated:
But if I'm spending like $300 a month already online at WalMart and Target then that's $30 cash back every month. That's over $300 a year and I feel like most sites offer free shipping anyway since no one likes paying for shipping anymore. Do you think there's another catch? I also searched all over the ShopSmarter site and I can't seem to find any hidden terms or anything like that. I feel like this could be super useful, I'd just really like to talk to someone who's tried out the site before signing up and committing to the cost of the membership fee. I'm very interested.

rated:
BTW that's $20/month , don't forget the fee.

rated:
Frankly, at this point you are sounding like a shill for the company, especially given that you signed up at FW just today.

They have their T&C posted. If you are happy with that then give them a try. You will have to spend $100 minimum every month within the rules they state for purchases, and have each and every one properly reported by the retailer, and Shopsmarter will have to come through on their promises to pay you just to break even in a month.

Take special notice of their terms regarding suspected resellers. How large do your monthly purchases have to be before they ban you, and keep all that CB you supposedly earned? Sounds like too many potential hassles for me to bother.

rated:
pay to get cash back ???? Y even call it cash back......

rated:
comprx said:   Frankly, at this point you are sounding like a shill for the company, especially given that you signed up at FW just today.

and his 3rd post looks pretty suspicious:

<< Looking to go away this weekend >>

??? going where ??? 

rated:
I'm a girl, and I'm not sure where I'm going this weekend yet, no one ever replied to my post. But thanks for the help, anyway.

rated:
Ok I answered it.

rated:
This reads like such a shill post.

rated:
tante said:   This reads like such a shill post.
Agreed. I got suspicious after another post from the OP, which seemed shill-y, then found this. Reporting to mods.https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1510686?showmes...

rated:
forbin4040 said:   BTW that's $20/month , don't forget the fee.

Minus the cashback you'd get from portals that don't charge a fee.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016