• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Amiri v. My Pillow - Case No. CIVDS1606479

Link

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Did they really sue because the commercial guaranteed in its jingle 'the best night's sleep in the whole wide world'?

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   Did they really sue because the commercial guaranteed in its jingle 'the best night's sleep in the whole wide world'?
† I just post what I find.

rated:
CouponClippen said:   
ctujackbauer said:   Did they really sue because the commercial guaranteed in its jingle 'the best night's sleep in the whole wide world'?

††
I was just repeating the jingle in the commercial.

I looked through the settlement and couldn't find what health claims the commercials/infomercials made.

rated:
† They also claimed it will fixed Sleep Apnea as well as the endorsement of the National Sleep Foundation which turned out to be owned by the owner of MyPillow.
He also claimed to be a 'Sleep Expert' with no training in sleep technologies (But I believe this one was thrown out because Expert is very subjective)
As well as saying 'Endorsed by the following' when all he did was advertise on the following.

https://www.truthinadvertising.org/mypillow-gets-1-million-wake-call/

This really reminds me of a local politician, he used to run this smear tactic where he posts that his opponent is being 'investigated' by the government....because he complained to the government and they had to open an 'official investigation' (Which was closed as unfounded). †Sorta circular arguement eh?

rated:
ctujackbauer said:   
CouponClippen said:   

††
I was just repeating the jingle in the commercial.

I looked through the settlement and couldn't find what health claims the commercials/infomercials made.††

Thanks to my DVR I don't watch†commercials!
I didn't read the info on the case.

rated:
Whenever I watch that commercial, I quickly turn to another station. That commercial is so long, and I've grown to hate that guy!
I didn't buy that pillow, but wonder if they will refund your money, plus $5

rated:
I always thought the My Pillow's guy's moustache, was a sure sign he was shifty.

rated:
kingdoodler said:   I always thought the My Pillow's guy's moustache, was a sure sign he was shifty.
† Hey careful now! I have a mustache! † I'm honest though!

rated:
kingdoodler said:   I always thought the My Pillow's guy's moustache, was a sure sign he was shifty.
† Thanks for the well-placed "f".

rated:
I have never seen that commercial [no TV], but, we love to listen to what we call "Rabid Right-wing Radio" - these guys are always fun.

If do remember that these great, honest people at MyPillow were Glenn Becks's great friends †:
-----------------------------------
ďThis is a woman who has just had a dream of helping people sleep and Iím telling you, itís worked for me. Itís really a great pillow,Ē Glenn said.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/11/21/from-the-marketplace-america...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016