• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I hope this is in the right forum area. I haven't done BBY on a black friday in a long time, and I am wondering if it's organized at all or a mad dash or in the middle? Do you know before hand what your chance of getting an item is like at WalMart? Thank you for any input. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It has been a few years since I did Black Friday. With few exceptions, I got what I wanted. It took two trips. The first was a bit of a line, but I got lucky catching them opening up a temporary cash register. My second effort did get most of what I wanted, but the lines to cash out took over two hours. Therefore, consider the lost opportunity for other Black Friday offerings if you go for as much as I did at that one location.

Now scroll forward a few years later. I have been to some places the day before the Black Friday events. My perception is after the headlines of some chaos and bodily harm a few years ago, most stores strive for a more orderly process and customer safety even when people line up for the door busters the day before guarding their featured purchases of limited quantities.

Eat well that week and GET SOME SLEEP ahead of that craziness. Be safe and good luck. Be aware this can be a pick pocket heaven and be aware of your wallet at all times.

rated:
It's a miserable line of people who have been there as long as Thurs morning. About 2 hours before opening a BUNCH of cars pull up and people get in line where others have 'saved' them spots (Your position went from 20 to 200 in an instant).

Then the employees come out and pass out tickets for the door busters and any late comers don't get any.

Others are standing in the parking lot near the front door for apparently no reason.
When the doors open, those 'Others' rush into the store and try to bypass those guys who think they are security.

Then if you spend more that say 5 minutes trying to get all the door busters get ready to stand in ANOTHER miserable line (well it does have A/C) to pay.
Go to Next store and Rinse & Repeat.

That's what I see at all the big stores like Best Buy, Target, and WalMart on Opening Day (Which is usually called Thanksgiving)

rated:
Hell personified. I think you can get deals online that are just as good. And even if not, the small difference isn't worth going the trip to the store, in my opinion.

rated:
Watch the news. Some businesses are telling the news press that they are starting "Black Friday" deals this week. Some are saying you can get the same deals online early Wednesday, Thursday or earlier. Not sure what Best Buy has announced. You may want to get on the Best Buy emailing list. I am already getting BB deals and promotions almost daily.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016