• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Not sure what is the best forum - but since it involves money, figured finance is the best forum.

So we all know that Kohl's takes advantage of the uninformed through Kohl's cash return policies where the cash is not pro-rated. Been there and done that.

Recently, I had to return a few items. Normally, Kohl's return was a mess - even things were part of the same order but had different shipping slips, all had to be done differently. But they updated their systems to process returns from multiple receipts/shipping slips. This was a good change. After I return the items, I get back a receipt:
 - Kohls Charge - 41.18-
 - Mastercard    - xx.xx-
-  Mdse Credit   - xx.xx-

Everything seemed very fair. They had removed $10 Kohls cash for something and all fine and dandy. Normally, I never try to compare my return receipt with the actual amount posted on my credit card - I trust the computer systems to just get it right. But since this was a return under the new Kohl's system, I had kept the receipt aside to check. So I did check and what I find is that my Kohl's charge refund DOES NOT match what is listed on the receipt. WHAT! [Refund amount was 31.18 - so I suspect that they double dipped on removing my $10 Kohl's cash].

I am posting here - just a heads up people - don't assume that Kohl's is giving you back the right credit on their charge card - what a bunch of crooks. I will call them but if anybody has suggestions on how to pursue with some state agency or something, feel free to shoot the ideas - I do want to complain about this.

[If somebody from Kohl's is reading, feel free to sue me for slander or whatever - I have my receipt and I have my charge statement - I am not making this up].

Member Summary
Staff Summary

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016