Does Uber or Lyft do BF promos?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I use Uber a lot when I travel and was wondering if they do Black Friday deals. Also, I haven't signed up for Lyft but heard they have good new user signup codes. However, you need to use them in 14 days. Is this true? If you're referred by someone can you still get the bonus? My trip is in December so I'd rather not sign up now if that's the case.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

lol ... why? they already have more business than they need through normal channels. also, the money they'd be giving away would be out of the driver's pockets ...

henare said:   lol ... why? they already have more business than they need through normal channels. also, the money they'd be giving away would be out of the driver's pockets ...
  The driver gets paid on free rides.

henare said:   lol ... why? they already have more business than they need through normal channels. also, the money they'd be giving away would be out of the driver's pockets ...
  Thought I would chime in.  I just started driving for Lyft because I have a 6 week winter break from grad school, and they were offering new drivers a bonus $750 if they did 175 rides in 45 days.

I can refer passengers, who get $5 off each of their first 10 rides.  First ride has to be within 14 days, didn't see an expiration date for using all 10.  They even pay me a bonus of $20 for every passenger who uses my code and does one ride within the 14 days.

The driver who provides the ride still gets paid--Lyft pays the $5 to the driver (well $5 - % commission like all rides).

I tried it out with a friend and gave him a short ride.  Fare was less than the $5 minimum fare, but he still was charged a $2.10 service fee.  Did some research and found Lyft adds a city-dependent fee on top of the fare to all rides.  So you can't get completely free rides, even when the fare is only $5, but if you were going to use them anyway...

I won't post my link due to FW rules, but happy to continue discussion via PM.

Yes, in fact Uber has one now through discover card for 30% cashback.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017