• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Every time I follow am email Promo link on some big sale online to order glasses, it seems the promos seldom cover progressive bifocal lenses, and even with promo discounts in frames, my glasses alway total almost $300 , sometimes more, not even with higher priced designer frames

Can anyone recommend the best site for a decent deal to order prescription glasses with progressive lenses. I hear Costco is a good deal, but I fear that with my prescription they will still be at least $250- over $300 per pair. (One inside, and one sunglasses for driving means almost $600 once they add up all ose charges. That is hard to do now that I am retired!and living in a social security ck It was the same or worse when I used my insurance toward the optical shop inside the medical building where all my doctors z are, they took my insurance to apply to the purchase, but it didn't seem to get me any better pricing.

Anyone know where there are good promos like 50% off or bogo that also discount the cost of the progressive lenses ( not just discounting the frames because te Promo only applies to single vision lenses.)? I saw something on Goggles4u which does seem to cover progressive lenses, but none of the frames would for my small thinner face, the frames in the promo were all too large (they had nothing in small, only one xs, large and xl, and because that site, unlike some others that let u upload your own photo so u can see how the frames will look on you, Goggles 4U doesn't have that helpful feature, so aim reluctant to take a gamble that a medium size frame might not be too big for my face.

Does anyone know a list of which sites have the "try - on photo upload feature, and also offer promos? Or should ai renew my Costco Card (not a good value for me cuz I hardly ever go there and Bulk Buying doesn't seem to be cost-effective for a single person.)household, so I would basically be paying that approx $50 Costco membership renewal fee just to purchase prescription glasses, and they probably aren't any better deal than some online promos, All of which still come up close to $300 per pair. And at that price I also can't afford to misplace and lose them, which I do often...

Any suggestions appreciated. TIA...sorry this turned out to be so long...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
+1   39DollarGlasses.  I have been using them for a while and have been happy with how my progressive transitional lens ... (more)

plasmahidef (Nov. 16, 2016 @ 12:03p) |

Zenni,brought rimless memory titanium with noline multifocal polycarbonate lenses from them 2 times
Their memory titanium... (more)

petsgive (Nov. 16, 2016 @ 12:18p) |

Zenni has the photo upload so you can see how they look & they have the largest & cheapest selection of small frames tha... (more)

icehole (Nov. 16, 2016 @ 3:17p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I wear them. Not really a good idea to order progressives on the net. Too many variables from what I understand. You could have good luck with single vision bought online though.

rated:
Goggles4u used to have a decent special
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1535322

rated:
I have found the Goggles4u can't be beat from a price standpoint. Costco does a better quality job but is much more expensive. I have found that my Costco membership pays for itself with the savings I get on my car insurance. Literally, I save hundreds over Geico and travelers and all the rest. It's worth it to buy a membership for me even if I never set foot in the store.

As for Goggles4u, here are a couple current coupon codes they mailed me today:

Try G4U40 for 40% off You can also try code BOGO

 do you really need progressive sunglasses?   I suppose you would if you read outside a lot, but I have never really needed them. 

rated:
+1 for Costco. Their progressive lenses also include scratch resistant and anti-reflective coating I think.

rated:
We've ordered progressives from Zenni three times as well as line bifocals and each time was fine. Also ordered a single vision from Goggles4u with a great promo and similar result. And I submitted the invoice to my insurance when I could and the insurance covered almost everything.

rated:
Optical4less.com

rated:
Warby Parker Their frames start at $95. The progressive lenses are expensive and run about 250. They have excellent customer service.

rated:
I second Zenni... we've had good luck with single vision and progressive lenses.

rated:
http://www.zennioptical.com/ i just got 4 pairs of glasses for under $100 2 fixed distance, 1 bifocal, 1 progressive. Very happy with them. This is the 4th time I have ordered from them. Have been very happy all 4 times.

rated:
I, too, had great results with progressives from Zenni, but be careful, progressives are a very personal thing. I bought mine prepared to throw away $60. I think I've had them 5 years. Sadly, my wife can only use the most expensive ones. Costco was a bust for her. I also got a $200 or $300 set of progressive lenses for RayBan sunglass frames from a boutique optician and they are useless for anything but distance vision. Might as well have bought single vision.

rated:
Costco is $130 for HD progressive lenses with anti-reflective and scratch resistance. Frames are usually $60 or less. A pair with computer lenses, with either $25 or the often $30 coupon, is under $100 with frames. And membership fee is $55, not 50. Buy gas there and your membership is justified. Use your Chase card in-store for 5% off.

rated:
I have purchased my kids "spare pair" glasses on both Zenni and Coastal with decent results, but I am not sure that I would trust with my progressive lenses. For mine, I go to Costco and pay 190-225 depending on frame. I can't get them from any optician with "insurance" for less than $300-350. Such a racket!

rated:
+1 for Zenni. I have been ordering my progressive's from them for years. Never a problem.

rated:
I've used Zenni also, always work well for me for progressive lenses and usually pay around $65 a pair.

rated:
I have been wearing high prescription progressive lens glasses for years.

Over the past 20 years, having tried Lens Crafters, Sears Optical, Vision Works, Zenni and many other shops, my experience has been that Costco has the best value because of the quality of lenses (must have for progressives) and decent prices. I would also recommend Costco's Drivewear progressive lens sunglasses. They are amazing and the best sunglasses I have ever worn.

rated:
Costco, you get a good buy, but BJ's is cheaper. I priced both Costco, and BJ's for progressive lens. BJ's was $50 less. BJ's Black Friday Nov 18-28th. Get an extra $30 off our 50% eyeglasses promotion. Look up "BJ's" on Fatwallet, how you can get a free 3 month subscription.

rated:
Coastalcontact.com are decent and has money back warranty.

rated:
I got my progressives from 39DollarGlasses.com

rated:
You can try FramesDirect.com.  I got prescription sunglasses there but I believe their coupons work on progressive regular lenses.  They always have a 50% off available.  It isn't a cheap place but they did a great job on my glasses and have many designer brands available.

rated:
I picked up progressive glasses (lenses and frame) from Sears for $70 - they run specials on eyewear occasionally. It was cheaper than Costco.

rated:
My wife has been buying from Zenni for years. She gets photogray which requires the bifocal to be progressive. Great prices. 

rated:
here's the list of top online retailers based on the reviews.

https://www.trustpilot.com/categories/glasses

rated:
If your very nearsighted, with astigmatism, and you want a thin lens, they will always charge you more. Drop the breakage contract, and you will pay less. I paid $200 at BJ's, without BJ's black friday.

$300, is about what to expect, from Eyeglass companies

rated:
captainlynne said:   You can try FramesDirect.com.  I got prescription sunglasses there but I believe their coupons work on progressive regular lenses.  They always have a 50% off available.  It isn't a cheap place but they did a great job on my glasses and have many designer brands available.
  
i recommend FramesDirect.com too.   i ordered my eyeglasses there for many years now, my eyes always feel comfortable with it.  before when i ordered eyeglasses from those chain stores, my eyes always dont feel comfortable with it.

rated:
Zenni gets 2 tumbs up for me. Good prices and we alway get the photochromic lens. For under a $100 you can't go wrong.
 

rated:
I am wearing progressives from Zenni and am happy with them. Great value IMO compared to a local vendor.  YMMV

rated:
judysue said:   Every time I follow am email Promo link on some big sale online to order glasses, it seems the promos seldom cover progressive bifocal lenses, and even with promo discounts in frames, my glasses alway total almost $300 , sometimes more, not even with higher priced designer frames

Can anyone recommend the best site for a decent deal to order prescription glasses with progressive lenses. I hear Costco is a good deal, but I fear that with my prescription they will still be at least $250- over $300 per pair. (One inside, and one sunglasses for driving means almost $600 once they add up all ose charges. That is hard to do now that I am retired!and living in a social security ck It was the same or worse when I used my insurance toward the optical shop inside the medical building where all my doctors z are, they took my insurance to apply to the purchase, but it didn't seem to get me any better pricing.

Anyone know where there are good promos like 50% off or bogo that also discount the cost of the progressive lenses ( not just discounting the frames because te Promo only applies to single vision lenses.)? I saw something on Goggles4u which does seem to cover progressive lenses, but none of the frames would for my small thinner face, the frames in the promo were all too large (they had nothing in small, only one xs, large and xl, and because that site, unlike some others that let u upload your own photo so u can see how the frames will look on you, Goggles 4U doesn't have that helpful feature, so aim reluctant to take a gamble that a medium size frame might not be too big for my face.

Does anyone know a list of which sites have the "try - on photo upload feature, and also offer promos? Or should ai renew my Costco Card (not a good value for me cuz I hardly ever go there and Bulk Buying doesn't seem to be cost-effective for a single person.)household, so I would basically be paying that approx $50 Costco membership renewal fee just to purchase prescription glasses, and they probably aren't any better deal than some online promos, All of which still come up close to $300 per pair. And at that price I also can't afford to misplace and lose them, which I do often...

Any suggestions appreciated. TIA...sorry this turned out to be so long...

For outdoors, have you considered transition lenses -- those that darkens when under the sun?  Or the clip-ons -- the thin dark lenses that clip onto the frame of your regular glasses when you need them?
   

rated:
Zenni, wouldn't bother with anyone else.
P.S.  Demand "full" prescription from eye doctor, incl. PD for both near and far.

rated:
tuphat said:   Zenni, wouldn't bother with anyone else.
P.S.  Demand "full" prescription from eye doctor, incl. PD for both near and far.

  
My wife got her eye exam from Kaiser Permanente.  They charge $20 for PD test. 
Costco did it for us for free w/ a Handy device that takes seconds.

rated:
FishbudGreg said:   +1 for Zenni. I have been ordering my progressive's from them for years. Never a problem.
  +1 for Zenni -progressive lens/glasses at 1/5th of the price

rated:
Iv'e been happy w/gogles4u. But wait for their bogo or 70% off deal.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I got my progressives from 39DollarGlasses. com
+1   39DollarGlasses.  I have been using them for a while and have been happy with how my progressive transitional lens turn out.  Also, you can find additional discount coupons for them on-line. OTOH I would not recommend Goggles4u for progressive lens.  Whatever their process is my vision seemed just a bit out of focus.  I do use them for kids that need only a single vision glasses, as long as you can find the right frame.

rated:
Zenni,brought rimless memory titanium with noline multifocal polycarbonate lenses from them 2 times
Their memory titanium rimless progressives are fantastic and kidproof

rated:
Zenni has the photo upload so you can see how they look & they have the largest & cheapest selection of small frames that I've found. I have a small face & get my frames out of the kids section. Just make sure that the bows are long enough.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016