• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Someone opened a fraudulent prime account with my personal email address a few months ago.  I was so frustrated with the amount of time it took for me to get the situation remedied and how terrible and non-responsive their customer service, I threw a tantrum and closed my actual Amazon account.  I didn't think about it at the time, but I had a gift card balance on the account. I've spent 30 minutes this morning on the phone with their customer service and was told that I cannot get the balance transferred back to the gift card (which I still have) because my account is closed.  period. end of story.  I made it up to one supervisor who said the same thing, and then that supervisor claimed there was no one else to escalate my call to.  The balance of the card is less than $25, but it's the principle.  It belongs to me.  Any suggestions on how to get that $ back?   

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
File a complaint with the BBB --- I got $50 back that way.

rated:
Lou44 said: I made it up to one supervisor who said the same thing, and then that supervisor claimed there was no one else to escalate my call to.

Try sending an email to Jeff@Amazon.com (the executive customer relations team) with your complaint.  They are often the last line to try and get something resolved within Amazon when you are told there is no one else who can help.

rated:
thank you!

rated:
joseph907 said:   
Lou44 said: I made it up to one supervisor who said the same thing, and then that supervisor claimed there was no one else to escalate my call to.

Try sending an email to Jeff@Amazon. com (the executive customer relations team) with your complaint.  They are often the last line to try and get something resolved within Amazon  when you are told there is no one else who can help.

Jeff Bezos?

I don't think he works in customer relations...

rated:
CPB? A GC is a financial instrument. I think it will get Amazon's attention.

rated:
skarydrunkguy said:   
joseph907 said:   
Lou44 said: I made it up to one supervisor who said the same thing, and then that supervisor claimed there was no one else to escalate my call to.

Try sending an email to Jeff@Amazon. com (the executive customer relations team) with your complaint.  They are often the last line to try and get something resolved within Amazon  when you are told there is no one else who can help.

Jeff Bezos?

I don't think he works in customer relations...

  He doesn't, but that address is for a customer service team that forwards a portion of the incoming on to him.  

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016