• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Half (50.13kB)
Disclaimer
Honestly, I didn't know half.com was still a thing.

Selling Price Current Rate Rate as of 12/16/2016
$0.75 - $50.00 15.0% 25.0%
$50.01 - $100.00 12.5% 22.5%
$100.01 - $250.00 10.0% 20.0%
$250.01 - $500.00 7.5% 17.5%
> $500.00 5.0% 15.0%

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It won't be much longer.

rated:
I used to buy and sell on there a lot. It worked and was a pretty easy site to sell on. Then somewhere around 10 years ago, things just suddenly stopped selling on there. People just stopped shopping there, and they gave up on attracting new customers. If I'm not mistaken, I believe this was a few years after eBay had bought it, and they decided they were going to shut it down, then reversed the decision to shut it down after people complained. It seems that they decided to instead just let it die a slow and natural death (which these increases will only help). I had inventory on there that stayed on there for years that wouldn't sell, until I finally just gave up and tried selling it on Amazon. Crazy thing is, I priced it higher on Amazon and most of it sold within days.

I haven't bought anything on half.com in a while either, but that has more to do with most of my purchases being DVDs, and while I did buy a lot of DVDs from resellers in the past, bootlegs have become a serious problem everywhere in recent years and it has forced me to pretty much stick with trusted retailers or places like Half Price Books where I can actually inspect what I'm buying.

rated:
Half-com has also stopped shopping comparison sites, such as FindersCheapers, from including Half-com in search results.  This certainly lessens the chances of making sales.  Coupled with the commission increases (which doesn't mention the 23% of shipping they already take), it looks like the end.  In addition, the market for books in general and used books in particular seems to have dried up.

rated:
Honestly, didn't even know they were still around.  Site did not appear on many textbook engines for ages.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016