• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I'm in the market for a 70-75" TV. I'm not looking for the cheapest $$$$ TV as much as a good value TV that won't be outdated in 3-4 years.

Im ok with spending upto 2k (top of the budget). I bought my last TV in 2008. 

In the running - 70" Samsung from Sams Club for 1250 minus $150 Sams GC on Saturday sale 4K HD
OR
75" Samsung from Sams Club on Black Friday for 1999. 4K HD 

OTHER options is a Sharp 75" from Sams for the same price as the Samsung
Not considering the $1000 Vizio 70" @ Best Buy or Sams. 

Now there are other options like HDR, OLED & my viewing is NFL football, Netflix shows & TV prime time shows. Occasional gaming like Call Of Duty or Need For Speed. Don't give a crap about 3D.

Are there others deals I'm missing or should consider? Should I be less stubborn about size & get a 65" that is feature rich? 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Costco is going to have 70 lg that is hdr 4k, for 1100, which is a good deal. Personally I would not want a ips display because it will have bad blacks and contrast. Of course OLED is the Best but you will have to go to $2500 for a 65" at HHgreg. Costco and Sams carry the low end models so you wont have the options of top line products that are only found at best buy magnolia. I would also say purchase the service plan on any tv purchased from sams or Costco as any tv I have ever purchased from them has gone bad with in 2 years. The 70 in lg sams had for 998 was the best deal I have seen.

rated:
Epson's website has excellent values on Model 2030 HD video projector...I have one plus an 80" screen....the projector is mounted in
the lower part of the coffee table in front of the couch....two HDMI + USB for thumb drives......warranty is two years

rated:
belgique said:   Epson's website has excellent values on Model 2030 HD video projector...I have one plus an 80" screen....the projector is mounted in
the lower part of the coffee table in front of the couch....two HDMI + USB for thumb drives......warranty is two years

How does the picture look like during the day (with sun coming in the windows) or at any time with the lights on?  That's the conditions in which I use my TV but if a projector will work with light, then that is a good thought.

rated:
see if you qualify for EPP program for Samsumg. They had a one day sale yesterday where they had a top line 65" suhd tv for 1079, almost ~40% less than bb/ hhgreg etc. I am sure they will have another one pretty soon and might include the 75"

rated:
also read on sd that some one compared the Costco lg 70" model to the top of line Samsung and lg was the better one hands down. The point being, specs are important but not the end all. The lg from Costco at 999 was a pretty good deal, bad it oos now

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016