• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hi folks,
    I know the whole world is selling new "device payment plans" for cell phone service. Most of the promotion seems to be for payment plans.

I have a old 2yr plan. I am trying to see if i there is anybody that i am missing that would let you upgrade to a new 2yr contract with the promotions.

They seem to have done it earlier in the year but now it looks like it is not possible.

I have looked at WalMart, Target and Bestbuy. All seem to give $250 for signup with device payment plan.

Anybody else looking for a 2yr contract deal?

Please let me know, if anybody allows 2yr contract renewals with promotions.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: DEAL DISCUSSION, BLACK FRIDAY, DEAL DISCUSSION. — Dec. 8, 2016 @ 2:03pm
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Wonder if these inventory will make this a wait in line type deals too or if you can leisurely stroll in and pick one up... (more)

Jmd471 (Nov. 23, 2016 @ 8:12a) |

Best deal on an iPhone7 is to not get one. Technically, its not any better than a 6. Stupid dongles. And iPhone 6 will b... (more)

harrisonh (Nov. 23, 2016 @ 4:24p) |

Hope to receive great advice as well ...

Cracked my iPhone 6 last week and in need of a new one, preferably a 7. I'm on V... (more)

krislai (Nov. 24, 2016 @ 12:23a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
..better buy em this year cause when they start making them in the USA they estimate they will cost double to make...you wont mind paying 1200 or so willl you??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&...

rated:
trumpotron said:   ..better buy em this year cause when they start making them in the USA they estimate they will cost double to make...you wont mind paying 1200 or so willl you??

No one thinks this is really going to happen.  Neither Trump is going to bring his entire business to US nor apple. 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2015/08/17/trump-the-...

on the other hand if apple gets tax break to bring money home, they would further invest and grow. They may not need higher profit margin in iPhones😒  

rated:
trumpotron said:   ..better buy em this year cause when they start making them in the USA they estimate they will cost double to make...you wont mind paying 1200 or so willl you??

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjV87jRvbPQAhUf0IMKHXVDAsgQFggqMAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnet.com%2Fnews%2Fiphone-made-in-usa-apple-production-manufacturing-foxconn-trump%2F&usg=AFQjCNGSdiTOWFQzGbeSu8O_y9NE9tA9Eg&sig2=ETAkIHYEwDsOAJK6FC-DXw

It's funny that you think any significant part of the cost of an iPhone is the cost of making the device.  According to ZDNet, the components of the phone cost $219.80 and the cost to manufacture the phone is $5.  Apple's interest in relocating manufacturing has as much to do with public perception of the Foxconn sweatshops, the soaring cost of doing business in China, Chinese reception/deception of the iPhone, and government regulation of business as it has to do with the outcome of the election.  The fact is that Apple and just about every other US company assumed Clinton would win the election when this study was completed in June.

Just the same, I have a couple suggestions for special editions of these US made phones.  My favorite is MAGAPhones, but Freedom Phones or Trump Talkers would be fine.

rated:
Sam's Club has sale on iPhone 7 on Nov 22nd. They have not released the details.Hopefully, it's better than $250 promo.

rated:
sams club? they were just hacked also so i wouldn't trust them!

rated:
I agree....Trump is already taking credit for the Lincoln plant not moving to Mexico....never mind that Ford said there NEVER was
any intention of moving Lincoln production to China.....

rated:
your anger is showing,,,enjoy the next 8 years.

rated:
misterphillip said:   I agree....Trump is already taking credit for the Lincoln plant not moving to Mexico....never mind that Ford said there NEVER was
any intention of moving Lincoln production to China.....

Its just a beginning my Friend! 

rated:
Can somebody trumpet about iPhone 7 deals?

rated:
can someone help me understand Target / BB deal. It says $0 down. Does this mean no other monthly payments or will there be still a device payment? or no DP but only increased $20 line charge - I am trying to get a sense of net cost of the phone on this deal. To give context, I am adding a new line to my verizon plan (already two phones on this plan) and I want only iphone 7 / 6s for the best possible overall price.

rated:
I think they mean no initial down payment to get the device. All of the plans are device payment plans where the price of the device is spread equally over 24 months.

Ohhh BTW they claim it is not a 2yr contract.

rated:
missedit said:   can someone help me understand Target / BB deal. It says $0 down. Does this mean no other monthly payments or will there be still a device payment? or no DP but only increased $20 line charge - I am trying to get a sense of net cost of the phone on this deal. To give context, I am adding a new line to my verizon plan (already two phones on this plan) and I want only iphone 7 / 6s for the best possible overall price.
  you will pay 649 or 749 or 849 for the phone
you will get 250 or whatever they give you back.
you will pay tax on the above at the time you get the phone   7.49 * .06= 45 bucks at the time you get the phone
you may pay 20 for an activation
you will pay 20 a month for as long as the phone is on

if you keep it 2 years
480 for the line plus 749 for the phone - 250 for the gift card

plus the cost of the data

Wads

rated:
thanks to both of you. Another fine print that most miss is the extra $20 line charge when the phone is in contract (i.e. $40 instead of $20) - I wasn't sure if the Target deal was such a deal - no DPP but $40 line charge until end of contract - this deal gives you just $250 Target GC but you pay full price for phone. Not sure worth standing in line for this. I will be curious what verizon has during BF - I haven't been able to see their deals (except for the $10 DPP for google pixel) anywhere.

rated:
Question for the great minds along the same line of thought:
Mom and Grandmother on ATT. I'm on Cricket.

Mom and Grandmother are due for upgrades, but grandmother does not want a new phone.
What costs are associated with upgrading grandmother's line, immediately paying the phone off outright and switching the line back to my grandmother's phone she wishes to keep?
WalMart is doing the $250 GC, so for us, that's essentially cash with our groceries, daily items and gas.

iPhone 7 (32gb)- $650
Taxes - $48
Activation - $18
Line Charge/Plan for initial month $40

$756 total - 250 GC = $506 for new Iphone 7
compared to:
$550 iPhone 6s 32 from Apple - outright

rated:
In that calculation it assumes you can apply the $250 card towards your purchase. Is that a fact?

rated:
This is the question I have.

I am planning to do the following and just wanted to be sure if this will work.

1. Buy Iphone 7 Plus 128 GB - 870 + Tax
2. Activate using the Verizon installment plan.
3. Get the WalMart Gift Card for $250
4. Activate the Iphone 7 plus through Verizon.
5. In 2-3 weeks pay-off for the phone $870 + Tax.
6. Cancel Verizon membership and use it with my T-Mobile Account.

My question is if i cancel my Verizon membership in the first month will my WalMart Gift card be forfeited?

rated:
I think you'll still owe a cancellation fee cause the phone promo is with 2 year agreement.

rated:
missedit said:   thanks to both of you. Another fine print that most miss is the extra $20 line charge when the phone is in contract (i.e. $40 instead of $20) - I wasn't sure if the Target deal was such a deal - no DPP but $40 line charge until end of contract - this deal gives you just $250 Target GC but you pay full price for phone. Not sure worth standing in line for this. I will be curious what verizon has during BF - I haven't been able to see their deals (except for the $10 DPP for google pixel) anywhere.
  Can anyone elaborate on this?  As I understand it if you are on a device payment plan with Verizon, your line access is $20.  Would it be $40 if you bought the device through Target?  That would kill the deal for sure.

rated:
crazyDels4u said:   trumpotron said:   ..better buy em this year cause when they start making them in the USA they estimate they will cost double to make...you wont mind paying 1200 or so willl you??

No one thinks this is really going to happen.  Neither Trump is going to bring his entire business to US nor apple. 
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2015/08/17/trump-the-...

on the other hand if apple gets tax break to bring money home, they would further invest and grow. They may not need higher profit margin in iPhones😒  

Apple is not constrained by lack of capital for investment. They need to diversify from the iPhone and nothing has taken off quite yet. If they had a killer new product, cash would not prevent them from releasing it.

rated:
vaporeso said:   I think you'll still owe a cancellation fee cause the phone promo is with 2 year agreement.
But the fine print clearly states that, Gift card is for ATT Next or Verizon Device payment plan. Not available on 2 year activation....Only think which i am not sure is if I pay-off within one month and cancel the service will that forfeit my WalMart Gift card....  

rated:
rokunetflix1 said:   
vaporeso said:   I think you'll still owe a cancellation fee cause the phone promo is with 2 year agreement.
But the fine print clearly states that, Gift card is for ATT Next or Verizon Device payment plan. Not available on 2 year activation....Only think which i am not sure is if I pay-off within one month and cancel the service will that forfeit my WalMart Gift card....  

Of course this is my own logic, and not theirs but, the incentive is coming from WalMart, not AT&T, correct? WalMart/Target/Best Buy want you in the door on Black Friday and really dont care after the initial purchase. Does AT&T know that you bought it and got a giftcard? Seems like they just know of the new line, but maybe I'm mistaken. I did call AT&T and said there is no fee associated with cancelling immediately and paying off the remaining balance.

rated:
Wonder if these inventory will make this a wait in line type deals too or if you can leisurely stroll in and pick one up.

rated:
Best deal on an iPhone7 is to not get one. Technically, its not any better than a 6. Stupid dongles. And iPhone 6 will be discounted

rated:
Hope to receive great advice as well ...

Cracked my iPhone 6 last week and in need of a new one, preferably a 7. I'm on Verizon's Loyalty plan ($60/mo unlimited talk and text w/2gb of data), eligible for an upgrade. The Apple Store gave me two options and I'm totally confused. One is to use my upgrade and sign up for a 2-yr contract, thus paying $199/299/399 depending on storage. Other option is to finance with Verizon Edge and pay full price over time, no contract. But either way I choose, I'll be charged a line access fee of $20?? How does that compare to my Loyalty plan and is it really a better deal? Are there BF offers I should take advantage of? I'd hold off if I could but I can barely see or type

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016