• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I've been using Samsung Pay a lot more recently since they've had so many promos. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Active, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note5, S7, or S7 Edge, it works on your phone. Go to Samsung Pay to find out more about it. Download the app in Google Play

If you have a few credit cards in your wallet that you use for every purchase to maximize rewards (if you're on this forum, this probably applies to you), Samsung Pay's new rewards program, Samsung Rewards, is a no-brainer. Every time you pay for something using Samsung Pay*, you accumulate rewards, regardless of the amount you are spending. This is in addition to whatever points the card you are using is already giving you. Samsung Pay doesn't support all credit cards, but it supports my go-to card, Citi Double Cash card.

There is a tiered status based points system for earning points (Member, Silver, Gold, Platinum). Members earn 10 points per purchase, Silver 20, Gold 30, Platinum 40. You move to the next status level based on the number of purchases you make. 5 purchases per month gives you Silver, 20 Gold, 30 Platinum. I don't know for sure how the status will roll over because this program was just announced 11/14/16, so no one has had it for a month yet.

The current Samsung Rewards promo going on is double points through 12/31/16.

What can you get with your points? The cheapest thing in the catalog is a $5 Visa Prepaid Card for 750 points. A $50 card is 5,000 points. If you level up immediately, that means 21 purchases will get you 760 points and only 77 purchases will get you 5,060 points. They have other gift cards, sweepstakes entries, and Samsung products available as well. Nearly everything is listed for at least 50% off, so these redemption prices likely won't last.

Another promo going on right now is the $5 refer a friend promo through 12/31/16. The new user gets $5 and the referrer gets $5 after your first purchase. If you found this post helpful and decide to sign up, feel free to use my referral code: 957E5D Go to "Promotions" and "Enter Promo Code" after downloading.

Pay attention to the promos in the app (I recommend allowing notifications). So far I've received $25 in gift cards in addition to the referral promo with very few purchases. Up until now, I only used the app during promos, but now that they have this rewards program, I'll be using it as much as possible. I couldn't find a dedicated Samsung Pay or Samsung Rewards thread on here, so hopefully this thread can be useful to those folks with questions and we'll keep it going. I'll do my best to answer based on my experiences and hopefully other Samsung Pay users will share their collective knowledge as well. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
About an hour after I posted this, Samsung Pay introduced a new promo. After linking your Chase card to Samsung Pay, make 3 purchases (each at least 3 minutes apart) and they will give you a $15 Visa rewards card. I had earned the rewards card 24 hours later and it was sent to my Samsung Pay app immediately. These promos must be getting more popular because this one says it is limited to the first 100,000 rewards claimed. I predict that the max rewards are redeemed before the promo expires on 12/31/16.

Another new promo is 4x Samsung Rewards points when using Samsung Pay over Black Friday weekend (November 25th - 27th).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016