• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
http://store.hp.com/us/en/ConfigureView?catalogId=10051&urlLangI...

I think at $519 it may be a good choice but i am not sure about the resolution .. 1366 * 768  doesn't sound good to me ...

What you say?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
The CPU is great, very fast, but the default wireless card is crappy and does not include bluetooth. I'd go with the AC wireless card for $50 more which also includes bluetooth. Wireless cards in HP laptops are not easy to upgrade.

I agree that the screen resolution is not great for that price.

rated:
Nice new processor but depends on your usage and intention. The graphics chipset is a signifcant improvement over the last generation for Intel, but it's still a far cry from a dedicated video card and in another galaxy from the next gen Nvidia chipsets that just started coming out in the fall, the budget line(1050) which is supposed to come out starting in January. IF you want to future-proof your system a bit I'd wait for a january deal on a laptop with nVidia's 1050 chipset.

For the resolution, who cares unless you're using it without an external monitor much. In that case, yeah not great. Also touch screen on a 1366x768, which is probably not the best quality panel, is lipstick on a pig.

rated:
Dealpouncer said:   Nice new processor but depends on your usage and intention. The graphics chipset is a signifcant improvement over the last generation for Intel, but it's still a far cry from a dedicated video card and in another galaxy from the next gen Nvidia chipsets that just started coming out in the fall, the budget line(1050) which is supposed to come out starting in January. IF you want to future-proof your system a bit I'd wait for a january deal on a laptop with nVidia's 1050 chipset.

For the resolution, who cares unless you're using it without an external monitor much. In that case, yeah not great. Also touch screen on a 1366x768, which is probably not the best quality panel, is lipstick on a pig.

Great feedback. Would integrated graphic card is good enough for casual photoshop editing?  
  Also did you find any deals on good laptops with dedicated graphic card in this price with configuration

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   The CPU is great, very fast, but the default wireless card is crappy and does not include bluetooth. I'd go with the AC wireless card for $50 more which also includes bluetooth. Wireless cards in HP laptops are not easy to upgrade.

I agree that the screen resolution is not great for that price.

Thank you for the pointer.

rated:
This is another i am looking at .. appreciate a feedback on this

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/Laptops/hp-pavilion---15-au151nr-y...

rated:
you definitely need a better wireless card Upgrade on that

rated:
Because you are asking for opinions...

I would not be buying an HP myself. I have had too many issues with their products in recent years. No one is perfect, but Dell is better in my view.

I believe unless you are gaming or planning to drive a 1080p monitor with full-motion video or something that integrated graphics will be just fine. I do plenty of "photoshop" image editing on a much slower laptop than either of those you've linked to, on 20MP images, with integrated graphics, and I don't have any trouble. For that type of editing, you want a fast CPU and a lot of RAM more than you need a fast graphics card.

Also, these days I wouldn't want a new laptop without an SSD, unless you prioritize having a lot of local storage over having a much faster laptop. And neither of the HPs you've linked to has an SSD. It is possible to upgrade your laptop's hard drive to an SSD (I've done that a bunch of times) and how difficult that is depends on the design of the laptop. Sometimes it's easy to get the hard drive out to swap it out; sometimes it's a big PITA. Some people just don't want to mess with it.

rated:
I have had horrible luck with HPs in the past.

rated:
I also agree with ahalfwallett .

I would not be buying an HP myself. I have had too many issues with their products in recent years.
I have an ASUS laptop & desktop.

rated:
i am stuck with huge giftcard from HP .. have no choice

rated:
For comparison, I bought this model direct from the company in January.  I think it cost me about $600.  The only issue I ever had is the sound stopped working at one point.  After a couple hours futzing with the drivers and reinstalling software, I brought it back to life.  I'm happy with it.  I use a different (smaller) laptop when traveling, as it is a bit bulky.~

~HP Pavilion - 14t Touch Laptop 
Product number: M7H56AV  
Serial number: xxxxxxxxxx 
$3.00per unit recycling fee required*  
•Security Software Trial
•Office Software Trial
•8GB DDR3L - 1 DIMM
•1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive
•SuperMulti DVD burner
•4-cell 41WHr Lithium-ion Battery
•802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x1]
•Backlit Keyboard
•6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100U Dual Core Processor + Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
•Windows 10 Home 64
•14.0-inch diagonal HD WLED-backlit Display (1366x768) Touchscreen
•Natural silver
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Dual Digital Microphone (natural silver)

rated:
if i may ask

how is this laptop?

Dell Inspiron 15 i5559-4682SLV Signature Edition Laptop

$399.00

Tech specs

Display - 15.6 in Full HD LED touchscreen (1920 x 1080), 10-finger multi-touch support

Processor - Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.80 GHz

Memory - 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

Hard drive size -1TB 5400 RPM HDD

Operating system - Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

PC type - Laptop

Optical drive - DVD +/- RW

Media drive - SD card reader

Audio - Waves MaxxAudio Pro

Video - Intel HD Graphics 520 with shared graphics memory

Ports - 1 USB 3.0 • 2 USB 2.0 • HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo • LAN (10/100)

Battery - 4-cell lithium-ion*

Camera - Intel RealSense 3D camera

Wireless - 802.11ac/a/b/g/n (Miracast enabled)

Bluetooth - Bluetooth 4.0

Dimensions - 14.96 x 10.25 x 0.94 in (379.98 x 260.35 x 24.05 mm)

Weight - 5.36 lbs (2.43 kg)

Color - Silver

Other - Model number: Inspiron 15 i5559-4682SLV • Backlit keyboard • Precision touchpad • TPM 2.0 • Keyboard travel: 1.4 mm • Touchpad dimensions: 105 x 80 mm • Kensington lock slot

rated:
please guide me in making the correct purchase

rated:
The specs on that Dell are pretty good. Fast CPU, AC wireless card. Surprising that any new laptop doesn't have a gigabit ethernet port (this one doesn't), though I doubt most laptop users care.

Whether or not that's a great price or not for this Dell is another question. Doesn't seem like an amazing deal but perhaps a fair price.

As I said above, I'd want an SSD in an new laptop, either sold with an SSD or easy to upgrade the hard drive to an SSD. (I prefer to do it myself.)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016