• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
My current registration and privacy @ godaddy is expiring in a week; and I would like to find alternatives.

Does domain registration generally include email hosting?  [I currently have my email hosted by another company; but I can't remember why.]

Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
godaddy is the best if you want mail hosting and domain hosting.

Otherwise go to google. (Takes more work to post your email at Gmail but it does work)

rated:
I use godaddy, Namecheap, name, bigrock. I would give godaddy as my first preference, they do not charge higher prices for renewal, if you are new customer , you can find $0.99 coupon everywhere.

rated:
johnmaldonado said:   I use godaddy, Namecheap, name, bigrock. I would give godaddy as my first preference, they do not charge higher prices for renewal, if you are new customer , you can find $0.99 coupon everywhere.

Godaddy wants $30/yr for a Private  domain registration *renewal*.  All the coupon codes I find are for NEW registrations -- esp. $0.99 coupons.

I have searched and found no discount code that works with renewals -- even when it says it does.

Can you give me a link to a $0.99 coupon for REnewals that actually works?  Or even a working discount code?

I just called godaddy.  The CS says there is rarely any discount for renewals; and offer me a 10% discount if I agree to renew for 10 yrs.

I don't maintain a web site and only use the domain for stable email addresses (don't like web mails).  Does that mean I don't need domain hosting?  Anyway, is $30/yr about the general norm for domain renewal w/ privacy?

TIA

rated:
What is the TLD that you are planning to renew? Not sure why private registration costs $30

I have .com domain + private registration, it comes around $10 in both godaddy and Namecheap + $3 for Private registration

YOu will not get coupon for renewals, but, whatever price you are saying, it is too high for renewal. Godaddy charges around $10 for renewals.

rated:
johnmaldonado said:   What is the TLD that you are planning to renew? Not sure why private registration costs $30

I have .com domain + private registration, it comes around $10 in both godaddy and Namecheap + $3 for Private registration

YOu will not get coupon for renewals, but, whatever price you are saying, it is too high for renewal. Godaddy charges around $10 for renewals.

I have an .org to renew; and godaddy wants 19.99 for domain renewal and 9.99 for privacy.  And when I renewed a .com, it was basically the same.  I have never renewed at the rate you have.  How do you get those rates?

Do you have numerous domains and there4 gets a discount?  Or maybe the $19.99 include web hosting that I never use?

Updated to include the last question above.

rated:
i am not sure about .org, but, the price is ridiculously high. you can not transfer the domain to another registrar either, since transfer needs at least more than a week. As you said, please check that price includes domain+hosting. you have no option right now, you have to renew that, next time, you can transfer the domain in well advance to Namecheap.

rated:
Google has .org domain hosting for $12 and that includes free privacy.
There , saved you $11.99

rated:
OP wanted to renew his .org domain or transfer the domain to another registrar. you are talking about registering new domain, right?

rated:
Deleted

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Google has .org domain hosting for $12 and that includes free privacy.
There , saved you $11.99

I found out my domain expires in 2 weeks; so I have time to move.  But first, I'll call godaddy to see if they will price match google.

How is google's tech support?  I know at least initially I would need help for transferring  and setting up the "pointers" (or whatever it is called) to point my domain to a new location.  I don't know what kind of thing might go wrong after that that I would need Google's tech support -- if I don't maintain a web site.

rated:
No idea on Tech support, never needed to use it for google domains since it is pretty easy.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016