• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
By now most Ringplus users have heard that starting Dec. 1 all-non-Mad plans will not renew. Here is a thread discussing this link.  That thread has a lot of comments by people who I consider to be advanced users but there are a lot of people like me who are light users just wondering what to do. That is the purpose of this thread. I would like to structure it as an FAQ on the December changes. Please update the Member Summary page when you make a new entry  

1. What are other Ringplus threads here on FW?
Ringplus general FAQ: link 
Ringplus for advanced users: link 

2. What plans are available to me?
 Login to your account at ringplus: ringplus login 
From the home page, click on the box with information about your phone on the upper right
Click on "Manage Plans and Add Ons"
Click on "Change this Plan"
You will see a table giving your options 

BTW, here is a thread listing available plans but I did not find most of these when I searched on my Ringplus account:link 

3. What if I don't like the available plans or ringplus goes bellyup, can I take my phone to another cellphone service supplier (MVNO)?
 Here are some links to check whether other popular providers will accept your phone: 
ting 
Freedompop 
www.tello.com     (scroll down for link to check your phone)

4) What happens if I IGNORE the emails.
A:Your phone is put on the 7day hold plan while you decide if you want to stay with them (change plan), port out, or let the plan expire and cancel your phone.

5) Some good free plans. Check your list to see of these are available

Mad Plum - Upgrade $0 $20 + tax
500 Minutes
(200 Cellular, 300 VoIP) 500 500 1,000 MB LTE Full Speed 10¢ per
Minute/SMS/MMS/MB
Draws From Top Up

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
ALL previous plan upgrades from yesterday are back again.

So, IF YOU MISSED UPGRADING YOUR PLAN NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT.... (more)

marcopolomle (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 3:33p) |

Mad Plum & Mad Pops free upgrade are back only until 11 PM PST (1 AM Eastern) on 11/29 [TODAY]. They have some other new... (more)

1chris1 (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 3:53p) |

Is it too late to upgrade without having to pay at least $99 for M+ membership for a free plan? how about running out th... (more)

drzeyas (Dec. 03, 2016 @ 4:51p) |

1. What are other Ringplus threads here on FW?
Ringplus general FAQ: link 
Ringplus for advanced users: link 

2. What plans are available to me?
 Login to your account at ringplus: ringplus login 
From the home page, click on the box with information about your phone on the upper right
Click on "Manage Plans and Add Ons"
Click on "Change this Plan"
You will see a table giving your options 

BTW, here is a thread listing available plans but I did not find most of these when I searched on my Ringplus account:link 

3. What if I don't like the available plans or ringplus goes bellyup, can I take my phone to another cellphone service supplier (MVNO)?
 Here are some links to check whether other popular providers will accept your phone: 
ting 
Freedompop 
www.tello.com     (scroll down for link to check your phone)

4) What happens if I IGNORE the emails.
A:Your phone is put on the 7day hold plan while you decide if you want to stay with them (change plan), port out, or let the plan expire and cancel your phone. 
5) Some good free plans. Check your list to see of these are available

500 Minutes
Minute/SMS/MMS/MB
Draws From Top Up

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I don't see Manage Plans & Add-ons.  

rated:
zapjb said:   I don't see Manage Plans & Add-ons.  
 I corrected the original post with a method that works for me.

rated:
Add, 4) What happens if I IGNORE the emails. A:Your phone is put on the 7day hold plan while you decide if you want to stay with them (change plan), port out, or let the plan expire and cancel your phone.

rated:
for low usage     www.tello.com     prepaid is awesome,,only pay for what you use..

rated:
i am not completely confused yet,,ring+ could you add about 48 more plans so i can be completely confused...thanks...

rated:
Free plan - I think this one is good for what is free. click upgrade plan to see the option.

500 Minutes
Minute/SMS/MMS/MB
Draws From Top Up

rated:
5> Will they remain on the Sprint network? I was going to buy my son an Iphone for Christmas (he has an andriod on ring plus now) but now I don't want to buy a phone that may not be compatible down the line.... Not sure what to do.

rated:
Thought I read somewhere on the 100+ pages of the 2 R+ discussions I monitor that one of the free Mad?? plans would offer some 200 min/txt/MB then shut off thereby eliminating any gotcha overage charges. Anybody know?

Kids who spend half the day on Fakebook graphics burn through that data real fast.

rated:
iamthejosh said:   5> Will they remain on the Sprint network? I was going to buy my son an Iphone for Christmas (he has an andriod on ring plus now) but now I don't want to buy a phone that may not be compatible down the line.... Not sure what to do.
  I am not sure what you are asking. The MVNOs listed all have plans for the Sprint network (I think). My personal favorite provider, H2Owireless is not on Sprint -it uses AT&T so I cannot use the phone I use for Ringplus with it.

I think it makes sense to choose the cell phone plan you want and then look for phones for it. I think there are some phones that can be used with all (most?) providers but they are a lot more expensive than my $35 Boost Moto E that I was able to get on Ringplus before the Sprint FED policy kicked in.

rated:
I had taken the bait and became a Member+ person when there was a BLT upgrade
When looking to switch the free "mad" plans Mad Pops upgrade and Mad Plumb upgrade look exactly the same for Member+
Confused

rated:
My goal is a Sprint MVNO Glove Box Phone CHEAP.
So I'm porting to Tello.

My reasons:
2 elderly relatives will soon be discontinued from Free R+ plans.
Need to keep old phones folks too old to learn new phones.

Old phone #s don't matter. Don't need txt & data. Only
talk @ 10min/mo max.

On Tello it looks like I can put $5 + state taxes & fees on Pay Go & it'll NEVER EXPIRE as long as a call is made every 6mo.
No activation fee or nothing straight up $5.

rated:
 tello is a good choice for low users.

rated:
zapjb said:   My goal is a Sprint MVNO Glove Box Phone CHEAP.
So I'm porting to Tello.

My reasons:

talk @ 10min/mo max.

On Tello it looks like I can put $5 + state taxes & fees on Pay Go & it'll NEVER EXPIRE as long as a call is made every 6mo.

https://shopcelldeals.com/collections/tracfone-phones/products/tracfone-alcatel-a382g-big-easy-with-double-minutes-for-life?variant=258502394 
$20 + FS = 800 minutes/year includes phone see photo

rated:
Californiadeal said:   I had taken the bait and became a Member+ person when there was a BLT upgrade
When looking to switch the free "mad" plans Mad Pops upgrade and Mad Plumb upgrade look exactly the same for Member+
Confused

Go for the Black Friday deals

rated:
zapjb said:   My goal is a Sprint MVNO Glove Box Phone CHEAP.
So I'm porting to Tello.

My reasons:

talk @ 10min/mo max.

Go with Tracfone which has been in business for a long time as compared to tello which just started.
Trafone offers some great package deals as well as BYOP now but I don't believe your elderly relatives are going to need the latest and greatest smartphone.  
You don't want to risk your elderly relatives to be in same situation in few months time.

rated:
I want to replace my old broken phone with Boost Mobile - LG Tribute HD 4G LTE.
Is that possible on Ringplus using my old number?

Thanks,

rated:
aks123 said:   I want to replace my old broken phone with Boost Mobile - LG Tribute HD 4G LTE.
Is that possible on Ringplus using my old number?

Thanks,

Yes. It will be free too.

rated:
Regarding "Tello it looks like I can put $5 + state taxes & fees on Pay Go & it'll NEVER EXPIRE as long as a call is made every 6mo.
No activation fee or nothing straight up $5."

How difficult is it to sign up for this service.  

Please let me know.

Thank you

rated:
I have a mad team family plan and have had no problem activating one line, but have not been able to add/activate the second line for 9.99. Support ticket no response till date. Any help.?thanks.

rated:
** MANY ARE SAYING THERE ARE MANY MORE PLANS AFFECTED THAN THESE **

From their email:
List of Discontinued Plans:

Commitment
Commitment (Member+)
Free Plan
Future - Phase 11
Future - Phase 3
Future - Phase 5
Future - Phase 6
Future - Phase 9
Leonardo 2
Leonardo 3
Michelangelo
Midsummer Night's Dream
Seashore (Memorial Day)(Non-Member+ Upgrade)
Truly Free
Truly Free 2
Truly Free 3

rated:
I'm on the "My First Phone" plan right now for my son. Should I switch this to a Mad free plan or just keep it the way it is. He uses maybe 10 minutes a month and maybe 20 or so texts a month. It's more of an emergency phone than anything.

rated:
ZDog377 said:   I'm on the "My First Phone" plan right now for my son. Should I switch this to a Mad free plan or just keep it the way it is. He uses maybe 10 minutes a month and maybe 20 or so texts a month. It's more of an emergency phone than anything.
You can't keep it the way it is since your current plan will be discontinued.
Suggest changing it to Mad Interim or Mad Pops.

rated:
I switched to Mad Fiesta Free. I couldn't switch to some of the free plans because it was looking for a required add-on yet none were listed. R+ is confusing but I can't complain about the price for emergency phones.

rated:
My ports to Tello are complete. Got 1 number changed because it was getting 30 marketing calls a month.

So for a Glove Box phone Tello (Sprint) Pay As You Go minimum $5 credit to start & .03/min USA. Make 1 call in 6mo & credits Never Expire is an excellent value.

rated:
I am afraid the R+ boat is sinking. My wife is currently in the Leonardo 2 and averages 600 cell minutes and 1000 texts. What would be the cheapest plan to switch to outside of ring+?

rated:
withnoe said:   I am afraid the R+ boat is sinking. My wife is currently in the Leonardo 2 and averages 600 cell minutes and 1000 texts. What would be the cheapest plan to switch to outside of ring+?
 If she switches to Mad Fiesta she will have a free allotment of 500 minutes and 500 text, I'd schedule that asap, it will likely not be an option Dec.1st.    Her choices for addons for Fiesta are $4.99 to for  250 minutes or text each, so you'd be looking at $9.98+tax a month for 750/750 if she texted less often.  Maybe Ring+ will offer a better paid plan than that too.  However that is just to give you an idea of what you should consider if you'd stay or when looking elsewhere.  I don't think the ship is sinking, the engine is being switched while on the sea, and they need to conserve resources for awhile.

rated:
Larryslug said:   
withnoe said:   I am afraid the R+ boat is sinking. My wife is currently in the Leonardo 2 and averages 600 cell minutes and 1000 texts. What would be the cheapest plan to switch to outside of ring+?
 If she switches to Mad Fiesta she will have a free allotment of 500 minutes and 500 text, I'd schedule that asap, it will likely not be an option Dec.1st.    Her choices for addons for Fiesta are $4.99 to for  250 minutes or text each, so you'd be looking at $9.98+tax a month for 750/750 if she texted less often.  Maybe Ring+ will offer a better paid plan than that too.  However that is just to give you an idea of what you should consider if you'd stay or when looking elsewhere.  I don't think the ship is sinking, the engine is being switched while on the sea, and they need to conserve resources for awhile.

I attempted to sign up for the Mad Fiesta but it looks like you have to become a member+ at $120 to get that plan.  However, if you sign up for a new account the plan Mad Jolly is $10 plus $5 for activation and it is unlimited voice/text and 1G.  Why are they treating current users worse that new users?

rated:
No, Mad Fiesta is offered to a Leo2 line for no charge as long as the balance is at least $2.01  No Member+ membership needed.

rated:
Wow I tried to pick Mad Bright (I didn't see mad plum) and it wants me to pay $100 to become a member?

rated:
ALL previous plan upgrades from yesterday are back again.

So, IF YOU MISSED UPGRADING YOUR PLAN NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT.

rated:
Mad Plum & Mad Pops free upgrade are back only until 11 PM PST (1 AM Eastern) on 11/29 [TODAY]. They have some other new, free plans that start after that but non offer more than 750 MB. They do have some paid < $10 ones with unlimited 2G data after around 500 MB.

I just switched my last two lines to Mad Plum. I'm so glad they came back for a few more hours, as I missed the deadline last night and didn't even know they were ending. The Mad Plum is "Holding" and won't upgrade until the current ones end in December. If something better comes along in the meantime, you can cancel that upgrade and do the better thing. So like marcopolomle said; upgrade NOW!

rated:
Is it too late to upgrade without having to pay at least $99 for M+ membership for a free plan? how about running out the balance with a monthly paid plan with whatever little one has in his/her acct at this point until death to avoid dumping in $99 to keep the boat from sinking?

Does anyone's dashboard who has NOT upgraded display the forewarned temporary plan or does it still show whatever the previous plan was?

sorry for the double post in the other fw thread

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016