• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hello,

Last couple of years Straight Talk had 50% off of $45 recharge cards. Wondering if any know if Straight Talk offering any such deal this year ? Appreciate your inputs

Thanks

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
NO luck this year.
Your best bet is to buy on eaby for $40 or less.

rated:
Don't recommend buying on eBay, bought a 2 90 day cards, about 7 weeks in both phones stopped working.  Credit card company did a chargeback to Straight Talk and Straight Talk cancelled the cards.  eBay seller had several hundred positive feedback and sold many cards... But was using stolen credit cards to buy Straight Talk plans.

rated:
I also bought them the last two years they were on sale. Awesome deal.

I was also thinking about the sale. I used my last card.

And buying cards on eBay. I always had good luck. Would fill up all the time there. But it was before the card sales so it was over 2 years ago

rated:
The better deal would be switch to cricket if you can get 5 people together under 5 lines for $100/month

rated:
I didn't see any deals on the cards either, a little disappointed as it was one of the things I was looking forward to.

rated:
Score I think... As I too was searching for this type deal. I just chatted up a rep online at Straight Talk:

Chris: We do have Black Friday deal when purchasing a phone or phone with plan that cost $149.99 and above, you'll get $50 OFF and take advantage on our FedEx Free Overnight Shipping. This deal is only available on November 25, 2016.

Their Black Friday sale goes live at 11:00 pm Central US. Should also note this from their website...

Due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, Free Overnight Shipping will commence on 11/28/16 for orders placed on 11/22/16 after 3:00 PM thru 11/27/16.

http://sale.straighttalk.com

rated:
I wish I stocked up last year. I'm on my last card now. I guess $45/mo is still one of the best deals out there.

rated:
+ dbpatey Thanks for the Info

rated:
Thanks dbpatey for the heads up, I gave you + basically its buy 3 get one free approximately this year and you end up with 4 cheap free phones. 4 phones with 4 $45 plans, for $140.25 w/ taxes (Free overnight shipping)... knocks $50.00 off

rated:
Placed 2 orders successfully. Keep getting error message on the 3rd. Tried different browser, CC, email address, etc...

rated:
Same thing happened to me... Just don't use a debit card because it will hold or authorize the funds for several days.  I tried about half dozen times, my third order was denied as well. I did try the chat feature and they created me a different link to place order from... Then the third order was successful.

rated:
I tried a million times chatting with customer service agent. I'm giving up on the 3rd order for now and will pinch pennies elsewhere.

Unrelated question, any suggestions on what to do with 8 re-conditioned LG phones?

rated:
any work around for the 3rd order?

rated:
Saul... either eBay, Craigslist if you want to bother with resell. I normally just donate them to the local women's shelter for abused women, they give them to the women who don't have phones and they can still use them to call 911 in case of an emergency even without service.

rated:
I went back today and was able to get the 3rd order in.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016