• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hello,

So I bought a gift card from Staples about a half a year ago when there was a $15 coupon off of $100 Staples gift card (plastic, not emailed). I have never used this and was just sitting in my desk drawer.

When I tried to use it today, it wasn't going through. Staple's website is telling me that it is an invalid gift card.

Does anyone have a similar experience? How were you able to resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Call the customer service number on the back of the card and try to get details. Your receipt might be helpful. You must treat these cards like cash.

rated:
it happened to me on several cards that I knew had a small balance.  I keep all my GCs with a balance in a bag.  When I tried to use them at the store it gave an invalid message which in the past, if drained, would say zero, not invalid.  I did call the 800# and asked for the purchase history on these.  These were gcs from rebates and the values are low to begin with so I didn't press for a paper statement to reconscile the purchases.  Nevertheless it is very fishy.

rated:
Do they have an expiration date? Sometimes the rebate ones expire. You can get them reissued but I think there is a small fee

rated:
No expiration, these are GCs not Visa cards 

rated:
Might have never been activated or loaded. Don't some cards have to be loaded at the register? Do you still have the receipt?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016