Cardpool experiences? (Esp selling)

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I got a black Friday deal for which I will be getting a gift card that I don't have all that much use for. It looks like they can be sold on eBay for a decent value, but I'm getting a digital certificate (I think) which appears to be prohibited to sell on eBay. I found Cardpool and the value they would offer me for it seems to be worth my while, but when reading reviews I found a lot of people claiming it's a scam or various bad experiences. But I know people with issues are more likely to review.

I found an old thread on here from I think 2012 saying they've had good experiences, but it's pretty out of date. Any recent feedback on them? Especially selling to them? Although feedback from buyers would be valuable as well.

Other recommendations for what to do with it are also appreciated.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Haven't sold to them in awhile but when I did, I didn't experience any problems. Buy cards from them periodically and I had only one bad experience which cardpool made right (reimbursed me).

turtlebug said:   Haven't sold to them in awhile but when I did, I didn't experience any problems. Buy cards from them periodically and I had only one bad experience which cardpool made right (reimbursed me).
        Exact same for me. I sold some about a year ago no issues, had an issue with one or two purchases which they corrected quickly.

Appreciate the responses so far! If they're honest with buyers that's a good sign for the other end too. It's weird that you read so many complaints online but I guess it' motivates people to complain as I said. Anyone with recent selling experience out there to chime in?

I just sold a Best Buy and 2 Apple Store gift cards to Cardpool. I haven't gotten the check yet, but I spoke to someone at CP today who needed to ask some questions (since the Apple cards totalled over $1000) and everything seems to be approved and the checks will be in the mail shortly. I got the BB gift card for buying a phone on BF (maybe the same deal as the OP) and Apple cards for returning 2 iPads that a brokerage sent me for putting some money in my account and had no use for them (they'd purchased them from the Apple Store and had them shipped to me).

One interesting thing I found was that procrastination actually worked to my benefit. I had looked at selling the Apple gift cards back in September when I received them. Back then, they offered a reduced payout rate if you wanted to do it electronically vs. mailing in the cards and I was concerned about mailing the cards so I put it off. When I checked again last week, they were only offering one price (which matched or exceeded what it had been for mail-in) and they just took the info electronically. I guess that there was enough demand for instantly delivered gift cards that they wanted them sooner than it would take for sellers to mail them in. In fact, I think the value of the Apple gift cards went up by 1% from when I originally checked.

The only real problem I had was that they don't tell you what to enter on their site for the Apple Store gift cards. First I just entered the number under the barcode and they emailed me saying they were unable to validate and wanted me to email the info. I realized that they needed the letter PIN underneath a peel-off but was not going to email them the PINs in unsecure email and they did not provide a phone number. So I resubmitted with just the PIN as the card number, and it got rejected again. I finally realized my mistake so I resubmitted with the numbers under the barcode and the letters as the PIN. Got a call today to verify some info since the amount was so high (they asked for my address and how I got the cards). If they'd included a phone number or a way to update the card # on their website, it would have been much simpler. I mentioned the lack of phone number to the guy today and he said they considered email more secure.  I don't think so!

Update: my checks were mailed today.
Update2: checks arrived;.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017