• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Need to replace my old washer and dryer, has anyone found some amazing deals on some top of the line Washer / Dryers this black Friday that I could consider as well?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
costco always has good deals

rated:
I thought Sears' deals were really good this year on washers & dryers! Check reviews on products, I find them helpful too!

rated:
Check out Fry's. Subscribe to their email. You can buy online. i have seen 50% off.

rated:
sfotiathis said:   I thought Sears ' deals were really good this year on washers & dryers! Check reviews on products, I find them helpful too!
  Sears is an awful company with extremely poor customer service, including bait and switch. I recommend avoiding them or buying from them only when they are losing money on the transaction. Use price matching policies to get their pricing elsewhere.

rated:
Just an observation. I purchased a washer and dryer in 1985. Replaced the WORKING dryer in 1996 when I moved to a house with gas (it was electric - and sold the electric dryer to a friend that used it for many, many years). I purchased a replacement washer in 1999. 20 years now on dryer, 17 years on washer. What do these 4 appliances have in common? They are NOT top of the line. They do NOT have electronic controls. Cost was roughly $400 for each of the most recent purchases.

I am amazed at what people pay for "top end" machines. A few thousand dollars is crazy!

Also note that the reason that Samsung washers cost so much is military pricing.  The military contracted with Samsung to create explosive devices that could be sold to bad guys.  Use them for a period of time and they explode.  Upped the cost a lot.  

rated:
Sorry. How could I forget? Best Buy has some big price reductions also. They are $400-650 off. For instance, an LG one that retails for $1,800 is now $1,150.

rated:
Recently I bought something (apparel) from Sears. Later I tried to return it, they would not return it because it is past their 30 day return policy. They would not even let me exchange it for something else,  EVEN THOUGH I HAD THE RECEIPT!! So, be careful buying anything from Sears..

rated:
i don't know

rated:
Agree TOP of the line may not always make sense.  I tried to compare the features between a $2000 machine vs $800 and could not find a lot of differences to justify the cost increase.

I think I know what I need, and are the low-mid range ones: 

Both are Samsung: (I like the add wash feature in the middle of the cycle, as you always forget a sock or 2 in the initial load) Washer Model no: WF50K7500AW
Dryer Model No: DV50K7500EW 

I am seeing these for $699 or $799 each across various websites and BestBuy does have good discounts on these 2 models, but would be curious if there is someone selling cheaper so I could Price Match with BESTBUY and buy them from BestBuy instead.
 Washer: WF50K7500AW

rated:
Samsung Washer: WF50K7500AW

Samsung Dryer: DV50K7500EW

rated:
Sears had 40% off many appliances for black Friday and have contained a really great sale. I love Lowes for most of my appliance purchases. They price match plus give you 10% more off!

rated:
Stay away from Samsung. The company has some of the worst customer service... that's my experience.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016