How to cancel Amazon Prime?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I got the 30 day trial to get free shipping on one item I needed. Haven't used it again since and not worth $100 a year to me. I went to the website to cancel, and after half a dozen prompts to get me to stay, i.e., do you want to cancel, are you sure you want to cancel, are you absolutely sure you want to cancel, I think I was able to get it cancelled. But I never got a confirmation that it was cancelled. Don't they send you an email letting you know it's cancelled? I don't want to get billed the $100 and have to fight the charge.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

atikovi said:   I got the 30 day trial to get free shipping on one item I needed. Haven't used it again since and not worth $100 a year to me. I went to the website to cancel, and after half a dozen prompts to get me to stay, i.e., do you want to cancel, are you sure you want to cancel, are you absolutely sure you want to cancel, I think I was able to get it cancelled. But I never got a confirmation that it was cancelled. Don't they send you an email letting you know it's cancelled? I don't want to get billed the $100 and have to fight the charge.

Dude you worry too much. If you cancelled you cancelled. 

Go to "Your Account" and then "Manage Prime Membership" and it should state "You are currently not a member of Amazon Prime. Click here to signup."

LetsGoMets1 said:   
atikovi said:   I got the 30 day trial to get free shipping on one item I needed. Haven't used it again since and not worth $100 a year to me. I went to the website to cancel, and after half a dozen prompts to get me to stay, i.e., do you want to cancel, are you sure you want to cancel, are you absolutely sure you want to cancel, I think I was able to get it cancelled. But I never got a confirmation that it was cancelled. Don't they send you an email letting you know it's cancelled? I don't want to get billed the $100 and have to fight the charge.

Dude you worry too much. If you cancelled you cancelled. 

OK but plenty of places I thought I had cancelled with, only to see a charge on my credit card a month later. And most companies send an email confirmation when you cancel.

Amazon is quite easy to deal with, even if you happen to get billed, do a chat and they will refund

When you click on "Your Account" then "Manage Prime Membership", under your name it will state if you have a membership, I would also agree with the above, that if you have any questions, ask them, they are responsive.

To cancel an Amazon Prime free trial, click Do not continue. Note: If you don't cancel your Amazon Prime free trial, you will automatically continue to a paid membership at the end of the trial period. You can find this date listed on the left-hand side of the Manage Your Prime Membership page. Another way to cancel (Paid by Credit/Debit Card) call your bank and ask them to CANCEL the Credit/Debit Card and open a new one under the same name. I done that for Youtube and other companies as I was tired of paying monthly services that I didn't ask for OR you can contact the bank that your card is under and request a "Charge-Back" they will put a BLOCK from future purchases from those merchant(s) and you could get your money back if you didn't authorize the charge to begin with.

Go to "Your Account" and then "Manage Prime Membership" and it should state "You are currently not a member of Amazon Prime. Click here to signup."

smartindale said:   Go to "Your Account" and then "Manage Prime Membership" and it should state "You are currently not a member of Amazon Prime. Click here to signup."
  I feel a sense of déjà vu....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017