• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
"Sears reported mounting losses on Thursday and acknowledged that the company has "fallen short" of expectations for a recovery.The company said revenue fell 12.5% to $5 billion in the third quarter, with losses widening to $748 million from $454 million in the period last year.Same-store sales dropped 7.4%, including a 10% decrease at Sears stores and a 4.4% decrease at Kmart stores."

Sears financial info. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
hang in till Jan...???

rated:
They need to fire the exec staff who are bleeding this company dry and get new younger staff that will not have all these coupons and shell shock games, offer better products and control the stores better...

rated:
Dilbertic said:   They need to fire the exec staff who are bleeding this company dry and get new younger staff that will not have all these coupons and shell shock games, offer better products and control the stores better...
  The execs are resigning, no need! http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-executives-quietly-leave-as...

rated:
Kmart doesnt have any niche in the market. IMHO, for general merchandise, WalMart beats them when it comes to cheap; Target beats them for quality; And Amazon does online better than anyone. The clothing niche is crowded with Kohls, Macys, and JCPenny all carrying better clothes. Kmart/Sears deserves to die because they failed to win any single one market.

rated:
It's a vicious cycle--no sales to generate enough capital to upgrade stores in desperate need of upgrading to make sales. And their online presence is annoyingly frustrating.

rated:
Herr Trump will not permit this....he may have the CEO arrested.

rated:
andyy2013 said:   Kmart doesnt have any niche in the market. IMHO, for general merchandise, WalMart beats them when it comes to cheap; Target beats them for quality; And Amazon does online better than anyone. The clothing niche is crowded with KohlsMacys, and JCPenny all carrying better clothes. Kmart /Sears deserves to die because they failed to win any single one market.

Funny you should mention Se ars, Ko hls, Ma cys and JCPen ny all in one breath as they are all being sued in California for false price referencing (listing original prices for which items never sold for, alongside comparatively very low "sale" prices).

rated:
andyy2013 said:   Kmart doesnt have any niche in the market. IMHO, for general merchandise, WalMart beats them when it comes to cheap; Target beats them for quality; And Amazon does online better than anyone. The clothing niche is crowded with KohlsMacys, and JCPenny all carrying better clothes. Kmart /Sears deserves to die because they failed to win any single one market.

A few times I check and WalMart price isn't so great.  Only niche with WalMart, for me is they open 24hrs.  I can always go there for a nice walk at night.  Or buy medicine.

Sears and Kmart, thanks to their SYW program that I shop there quite a bit.

rated:
Our Kmart hasn't restock or even cleaned some shelves for a decade or more. I returned an item for my now adult son's nursery 18 years ago to our Kmart. That same item is still sitting on the shelf. I know it is my returned item and the cartoon that does even air anymore(Rugrats). My kids and I go into Kmart to visit "our item" and take a picture with it every year at Christmas when we are shopping at the bookstore next to Kmart,

Our Sears is closed on sunday now. I tried to get my husband some tools for Christmas. Couldn't get the free shipping, even called customer service and they said I had over $49 on my cart and didn't know how to get the shipping free. I tried to pick up at the store and they couldn't find the items even though there were supposedly many in stock.

rated:
In my area there's no WalMart, no Target (also no Kohls nor JC Penney, though there is Macy's).  But we do have a Kmart, and I'd like them to stay.

rated:
Dilbertic said:   They need to fire the exec staff who are bleeding this company dry and get new younger staff that will not have all these coupons and shell shock games, offer better products and control the stores better...
  Unfortunately CEO Edward Lampert controls 60% of the stock.
misterphillip said:   Herr Trump will not permit this....he may have the CEO arrested.
The CEO has already been kidnapped:  "Lampert Kidnappers Spun a Tale of Murder for Hire"  (he was released after AutoZone paid them $3 million)

rated:
fivetalents said:   Funny you should mention Se ars, Ko hls, Ma cys and JCPen ny all in one breath as they are all being sued in California for false price referencing (listing original prices for which items never sold for, alongside comparatively very low "sale" prices).
  Why isn't Newegg also being sued?  I remember them referencing prices that were above list, including a Panasonic TV for $20 above the list price shown at Panasonic.com

rated:
Personally, I hate to see any business fail - whether it's online or Brick/mortar. I have noticed both Kmart and Sears doing more TV ads this year - at least in my area. Perhaps, that'll help a wee bit.

rated:
They have horrible (overseas) customer service and employ bait & switch via online orders. For me, they can't go out of business fast enough.

rated:
govenar said:   
In my area there's no WalMart, no Target (also no Kohls nor JC Penney, though there is Macy's ).  But we do have a Kmart, and I'd like them to stay.

Don't worry. That Kmart will one day become WalMart.

rated:
Business Insider/MSN link  to stores closing soon.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017