• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Just wondering if you can still buy a new phone and activate it right to ringplus if it passes their check your device? Thanks in advance for the odd/dumb question.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
i think you can buy either a Sprint phone (not Sprint prepaid) or unlocked universal CDMA/GSM/LTE phone like Motorola 4G (entire family) , in this case you will also have to buy a Sprint SIM card.

rated:
are no contract phones from best buy considered prepaid phones?

rated:
Amazon sells the unlocked open carrier Moto Play phone for $99 shipped, plug in the Sprint sim and it is ready to put on Ring+

rated:
RP? The free plans are long memory and chances are they'll go belly up at any time. Not worth it really.

rated:
rsuaver said:   RP? The free plans are long memory and chances are they'll go belly up at any time. Not worth it really.
  
There are still free plans and those work fine, and the non-free plans are generally quiet good value too, depending on the quantity of data and minutes used.   Regrettably, the high limit free plans are gone, but there is still some value there.

Naysayers have posted the perspective that RP will go belly up for over a year, and all the while my entire extended family has had free phone service.  I sunk maybe a couple of hundred $ into phones, and another $200 into various upgrades that had us at one time at 5-10 GB limits for LTE data.  While that is not free, it's been good for 1.5 years of service.

I would caution on spending lots of money on devices that you have no use for if RP+ does fail, but even if they just work for another 6 months, that's another half year of free service and who knows what the telecoms market will look like in half a year?
 

rated:
LORENW said:   Amazon sells the unlocked open carrier Moto Play phone for $99 shipped, plug in the Sprint sim and it is ready to put on Ring+
  And if you have Amazon Prime, the unlocked G4 Play with Amazon offers is $79.99 right now @ checkout. Should also work on R+ and any other carrier. B&H is selling the unlocked G4 Play for $99 (no sales tax for most) until 2:59 AM 12/18.

rated:
m2go said:   
rsuaver said:   RP? The free plans are long memory and chances are they'll go belly up at any time. Not worth it really.
  
There are still free plans and those work fine, and the non-free plans are generally quiet good value too, depending on the quantity of data and minutes used.   Regrettably, the high limit free plans are gone, but there is still some value there.

Naysayers have posted the perspective that RP will go belly up for over a year, and all the while my entire extended family has had free phone service.  I sunk maybe a couple of hundred $ into phones, and another $200 into various upgrades that had us at one time at 5-10 GB limits for LTE data.  While that is not free, it's been good for 1.5 years of service.

I would caution on spending lots of money on devices that you have no use for if RP+ does fail, but even if they just work for another 6 months, that's another half year of free service and who knows what the telecoms market will look like in half a year?

  
There's a huge difference in what RP was a year ago and now. It didn't go belly up but definitely changed. You now need to use VOIP (which blows and probably the old method was better) on an iPhone and get way reduced allotments. All this after promise after promise that plans would not change, everything will be better and sound perfect. What makes you think that this time they got it right even though they are somewhat cheaper than other providers. And they are under the Sprint network that leaves a lot to be desired...

 

rated:
I don't know why people are complaining about Ringplus. I just joined them with a cheap prepaid phone, it works great.

rated:
not anymore

rated:
RP is great as long as you dont need them to fix a problen within like 4-5 days..

rated:
rsuaver said:   
m2go said:   
rsuaver said:   RP? The free plans are long memory and chances are they'll go belly up at any time. Not worth it really.
  
There are still free plans and those work fine, and the non-free plans are generally quiet good value too, depending on the quantity of data and minutes used.   Regrettably, the high limit free plans are gone, but there is still some value there.

Naysayers have posted the perspective that RP will go belly up for over a year, and all the while my entire extended family has had free phone service.  I sunk maybe a couple of hundred $ into phones, and another $200 into various upgrades that had us at one time at 5-10 GB limits for LTE data.  While that is not free, it's been good for 1.5 years of service.

I would caution on spending lots of money on devices that you have no use for if RP+ does fail, but even if they just work for another 6 months, that's another half year of free service and who knows what the telecoms market will look like in half a year?

  
There's a huge difference in what RP was a year ago and now. It didn't go belly up but definitely changed. You now need to use VOIP (which blows and probably the old method was better) on an iPhone and get way reduced allotments. All this after promise after promise that plans would not change, everything will be better and sound perfect. What makes you think that this time they got it right even though they are somewhat cheaper than other providers. And they are under the Sprint network that leaves a lot to be desired...

 

  
Yes, it's not what it used to be.  O tempora! O mores! 

I'm not happy about the changes, either.  If anybody has a better service, please let us know.   Better is service and $.  If you want abstractly better service, Verizon probably has best coverage in the country, and they have unlimited plans, too.  (Except when unlimited is not unlimited!)  But, it'll cost you.

I;m just sick about people moaning about RP even since before that last change without proposing alternatives.  Maybe its paid Verizon shills?

Again - for a fee, VZW offers better service.  Now, please those that complain propose alternatives in the under-10$ and 0$ segments because if there's an alternative to RP, I want in on it.

rsuaver, here's the challenge should you accept it:  Verizon network, 10GB LTE and 1,0000 minutes voice coverage, up to $30 once up front, no recurring costs.  Please let me know, since I would prefer that over RP as well!

   


   

rated:
Yes. The LG Tribute HD for Boost mobile works. It was 19.99 on Black Friday and the week after.

rated:
item 291974853963 on eebay

rated:
This may be redundant but can someone provide a list of phones that will work with ring plus and where to get them. My price point is under $100 dollars.Thank you very much!

rated:
I love the people who whine about almost free phone service, quit crying and show us a better option......

We have 2 current lines with Ring+ We are NOT members plus, we didn't pay the $120 to join

Mine is the penny plan. one cent a day, one cent a day for voice mail, and one cent per text , minute or mb of data
with my usage it is about $3-4 a month, it is direct dial thru Sprint, no voip crap, and the data is 4g lte full speed

My wifes plan is Bottomless Orange Mad Plan $9.99 per month
unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited sms texts
750 mb of full speed 4g lte per month, and then unlimited 2g data after the 4g is used up
direct dial through Sprint, no voip crap at all

These plans bill off our topoff balance, not credit card

rated:
Since Sprint is shutting down R+ service on 2/11 or mostly in a month, what are the other choices out good there? RedPocket seems OK to me $95/year/ 500min-500txt-50mb/per month option and other is $164/year 1000min-1000txt-1000mb/per month (both only thru eBay ). Any other better options?

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017