Most Anticipated Video Game of 2017?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hey everyone!

This is Jes with the FatWallet social team, and I'm putting together an article on my most anticipated video games of 2017. I'm interested to know what everyone in the forums has to say, too, so if you could let me know in the comments, you might get quoted in the article! For reference, these are the games I'm most excited for next year:

• Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Death Stranding
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Yooka-Laylee (spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Vampyr (from the Life is Strange developers)
  • Pyre (from Supergiant; they did Bastion and Transistor)
  • Prey

Thanks for helping me out!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I play PoE one difficulty level up from default.
Send the fighter companion to engage enemies, and give him the best armo... (more)

kamalktk (Jan. 04, 2017 @ 4:17p) |

Thank you! I will probably do that last bit a lot when I get back into it.

mahoganypoet (Jan. 06, 2017 @ 11:22a) |

I heard a new Prey was coming, but the Mass effect game is really the only one that really has me excited.

raceman73 (Jan. 18, 2017 @ 7:50a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For Honor: February 14, 2017 on PS4, Xbox One, PC | Ubisoft US
Disclaimer

CAPCOM RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard
Disclaimer

SCALEBOUND | PlatinumGames Inc. Official WebSite
Disclaimer
Here are the ones I'm most looking forward to!

For Honor - Because who doesn't want to battle as Knights, Vikings, or Samurai?

Scalebound - Dragons. Need I say more?

Battalion 1944 - Amazing game that surpassed it's original Kickstarter Goal in a crazy short amount of time. 

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard

Destiny 2

Crash Bandicoot remastered looks awesome.

South Park - The Fractured But Whole
Disclaimer
It's not all about pretty graphics & weak storytelling!
I'm pretty disappointed that it didn't make the first couple scheduled release dates & now I'm looking forward to seeing South Park: The Fractured But Whole towards the end of Q1

Torment: Tides of Numenera

Injustice 2 and Marvel VS Capcom

kamalktk said:   Torment: Tides of Numenera
  Are you a Kingkiller Chronicles fan, too?

Pong VR

I am looking forward to Prey.....sounds thrilling!

mahoganypoet said:   kamalktk said:   Torment: Tides of Numenera

I had to google that.

Red dead redemption 2. They've promised it for the Christmas buying season next year.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is my no. 1 with a bullet.

Frozen Synapse 2

Warhammer Dawn of War 3

Mass Effect

Shenmue 3
(that was a joke Shenmue sucks) - Crackdown 3
 (ok that will never come out so when it doesn't...) Scalebound

Gran Turismo Sport

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

The Binding of Isaac Rebirth + is going to be released on Jan 3rd for STeam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjVw-xhrDPk

The biggest thing is the addition of modding tools. Should be interesting to see what people come up with.

lshires said:   I am looking forward to Prey.....sounds thrilling!
  Did you play the original? I own it, but I never actually played it myself. It looks like the reboot will be awesome, though.

kamalktk said:   
mahoganypoet said:   
kamalktk said:   Torment: Tides of Numenera

I had to google that.

Patrick Rothfuss helped write Torment: ToN, and he writes the Kingkiller Chronicles. That's one of the reasons my husband is excited for it, since he loves Rothfuss' writing.

click for hot mech action
Disclaimer
Battletech

I'm surprised that no one has said Persona 5 yet. I wanna hang with a cat. http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11941052/persona-5-gameplay-...

Kingdom Hearts III - Though no one knows if it will be in 2017

Mario Kart on the Switch.

qcumber98 said:   I'm surprised that no one has said Persona 5 yet. I wanna hang with a cat. http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/11941052/persona-5-gameplay-...
  Aesthetically, I love those games, but I just can't find the time to sit down and play them. My husband is the one with the attention span for JRPGs. I just blew threw Dishonored 2 with Emily; that's more my jam.

Dragon Quest

I'm catching up on Pillars of Eternity. If you like rpgs, it's awesome.

kamalktk said:   I'm catching up on Pillars of Eternity. If you like rpgs, it's awesome.
  I've tried it, and I'm so terrible at it. xD I just die constantly. I do love Darkest Dungeon, though, so I should probably just try PoE again and see if I can get through it, even though it's punishing. I want to play XCOM 2, as well, which I know is notorious for its difficulty, so maybe I can handle the backtracking and painful fights.

If you like PoE, you might also like Divinity Original Sin. It's another isometric, and it's two-player co-op (might only be local, though).

mahoganypoet said:   kamalktk said:   I'm catching up on Pillars of Eternity. If you like rpgs, it's awesome.
  I've tried it, and I'm so terrible at it. xD I just die constantly. I do love Darkest Dungeon, though, so I should probably just try PoE again and see if I can get through it, even though it's punishing. I want to play XCOM 2, as well, which I know is notorious for its difficulty, so maybe I can handle the backtracking and painful fights.

If you like PoE, you might also like Divinity Original Sin. It's another isometric, and it's two-player co-op (might only be local, though).

Send the fighter companion to engage enemies, and give him the best armor and shield and some defensive abilities. He can sit in combat while ranged character plink away. The mage companion has a twice per encounter spell that's good. And the druid is just awesome fighting in his shapeshift form and has some great offensive spells (plus he's hysterically funny).

Also, dont be afraid to run away and come back later.

kamalktk said:   
mahoganypoet said:   
kamalktk said:   I'm catching up on Pillars of Eternity. If you like rpgs, it's awesome.

Send the fighter companion to engage enemies, and give him the best armor and shield and some defensive abilities. He can sit in combat while ranged character plink away. The mage companion has a twice per encounter spell that's good. And the druid is just awesome fighting in his shapeshift form and has some great offensive spells (plus he's hysterically funny).

Also, dont be afraid to run away and come back later.

Thank you! I will probably do that last bit a lot when I get back into it.

I heard a new Prey was coming, but the Mass effect game is really the only one that really has me excited.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017