• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Amazon crushed that guy: They are a lion to the vendors and a lamb to their customers.

I suspect there's more to this story. Many of the early hover boards had fire risks, exploded and there were huge recalls. I half suspect Bergs hoverboads would be part of that recall.

I actually don't think there is much more to the story. From what I've seen from Amazon recently for some products- they have become little more than eBay- just connecting buyers with sellers. It works out great when it works out, but when the product is defective or counterfeit, not so well. I by a ton of packages from aamzon but recently I've become much more wary of them.

Lets just say what if Berg's Hoverboards were the ones that blew up.
Then it's a recall, and Amazon would've refunded all the money to the buyers. That means Berg gets nothing including the the merchandise.

novocane said:   I suspect there's more to this story. Many of the early hover boards had fire risks, exploded and there were huge recalls. I half suspect Bergs hoverboads would be part of that recall.
  I suspect you are correct.  In these cases, Berg would have recourse to their suppliers but more than likely, Berg had to pay in advance for the hover boards (or at least upon customs clearance in the US).  Mr. Berg knew the risk of selling consumer products to Amazon or any other large retailer. 

Thank you for this information, where do I even know about this?

Were there any reports of the Berg branded hover boards catching fire? I am assuming that Berg are not a knockoff.
If not, then it is Amazon fault for allowing knockoffs to be sold and the guy "hopefully" wins.

pkny said:    I am assuming that Berg are not a knockoff.

Seeing as how no one can even say for sure who invented these things, they're all "knockoffs".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017