• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Of course, no state can top California for new tax craziness. See this story from the LA Times:

[l=LA Times]http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-climate-fight-20161108-story.html][/l] 

California’s climate fight could be painful — especially on job and income growth

By Ralph Vartabdian

Californians are likely to pay more for gasoline, electricity, food and new homes — and to feel their lives jolted in myriad other ways — because their state broadly expanded its war on climate change this summer.

The ambitious new goals will require complex regulations on an unprecedented scale, but were approved in Sacramento without a study of possible economic repercussions.

Some of the nation’s top energy, housing and business experts say the effort may not only raise the cost of Staples, but also slow the pace of job and income growth for millions of California families. . .

“It is dubious as to whether the California goal will be achieved without large economic costs,” said James Sweeney, director of Stanford University’s Precourt Energy Efficiency Center.

He added that the enhanced climate change fight will likely lead to a less diversified and more fragile state economy. “Meeting the requirement will require severe restrictions, far beyond those seen to date.”

Exactly what restrictions are not clear, because the rules have yet to be adopted.

rated:
we have to pass it before we know whats in it......Californias a sewer pit..hey\\\they should be fighting illegal alien warming..

rated:
Article has no information in it...sounds like Fake News to me.
Here in Florida...price of Gas since Trump has gone up 40 Cents per gallon...no new taxes.

rated:
trumpotron said:   we have to pass it before we know whats in it......Californias a sewer pit..hey\they should be fighting illegal alien warming..

walk off the cliff to find it's dept.  LOL

rated:
misterphillip said:   Article has no information in it...sounds like Fake News to me.
Here in Florida...price of Gas since Trump has gone up 40 Cents per gallon...no new taxes.

Trump has not taken the office yet. Care to share your time machine with us?

rated:
misterphillip said:   Article has no information in it...sounds like Fake News to me.

Ignorance is Bliss...  Maybe you personally won't have to pay it.

rated:
"...without a study of possible economic repercussions."

economic prosperity at the expense of the livelihood of the entire planet is not exactly a fair tradeoff.  Maybe not "fake news" but certainly right-wing mumbo jumbo of the highest caliber.

rated:
This is not about the climate, planet, whales, etc. it's about states getting more revenue via taxes to pay for infrastructure boon-doggles. They can spin it to the low information, fake news loving, "Facebook and Reddit is my news source" crowd all they want. The truly informed knows what's up here.

rated:
Chart says FL gas tax up $0.001. Should mean FL gas prices will now be even cents $X.XX instead of ending in $X.XX9.

Won't happen but it'd be neat if it did.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017