What's the best place/deals to buy bulk paper plates? 1000+ ?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Not so thin that they fall apart, but not fancy either.  

Something suitable for a house with 5 kids who just need something quick to warm food on and gulp it down without creating more dishes?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I do not think 1000 is bulk for paper plates.

To not wait for a special deal, I would look at a low-end big supermarket and buy the largest sized generic package.

Make the oldest wash the dishes.

JiggleTheHandle said:   I do not think 1000 is bulk for paper plates.

To not wait for a special deal, I would look at a low-end big supermarket and buy the largest sized generic package.

I would buy in 5000 or 10000 plate lots too.  I don't know what bulk standards are.

ZenNUTS said:   Make the oldest wash the dishes.
  Grandma, get your a$$ in the kitchen. Them dishes an't gona wash them selves.

Costco and Smart&Final

That's the consumer definition of 'bulk'

Commercial Bulk is something like 10,000

phermat said:   

I would buy in 5000 or 10000 plate lots too.  I don't know what bulk standards are.

Do you have a cash and carry near you? They are like a Costco/Sams Club for restaurants, but anyone can shop there.

wizardking said:   
phermat said:   

Do you have a cash and carry near you? They are like a Costco/Sams Club for restaurants, but anyone can shop there.

Oooh.  That looks like an excellent store for this.  But unfortunately, there are none in Arizona.

forbin4040 said:   Costco and Smart&Final

That's the consumer definition of 'bulk'

Commercial Bulk is something like 10,000

I would be willing to purchase in commercial bulk sizes.  I have room for storage.

Wow you want a pallet of Paper Plates?
Not sure if you want to negotiate a truckfull of plates.
You would have to deal direct with Solo and Dixie

Do you know anyone who manages or owns a restaurant? FSA (Food Services of America) has 1000 plates for about $20 same plates you can get at Jet for a couple bucks more.

https://jet.com/product/Natures-Own-Green-Label-Paper-Plates-9-White-100-Ct/d7ee20a2e08b46a1b1a4cd3ee9511327

I buy the 600 pack of Members Mark brand ($15.48) at Sams Club. They have a cheaper 1000 pack $23.96) but it is well worth the extra ($1.48 per 1000) for the Members Mark. They are the same plates they use at the food counter in Sams Club. One plate is twice as thick as most value brand paper plates.

Big Lots is always markedly cheaper then our local grocery stores..

jimates said:   I buy the 600 pack of Members Mark brand ($15.48) at Sams Club. They have a cheaper 1000 pack $23.96) but it is well worth the extra ($1.48 per 1000) for the Members Mark. They are the same plates they use at the food counter in Sams Club. One plate is twice as thick as most value brand paper plates.
  Thanks.  This is good info!

At a Chinet store?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017