• filter:

Can anyone please share a Comcast rate negotiation phone call?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Would anyone be willing to share a (redacted) rate negotiation phone in its entirety on SoundCloud?

This is such a difficult task but it is an IMPORTANT part of saving money in your life. Unfortunately, there are countless forums with advice, but a lot of it reads like it was written by an armchair quarterback. I would love to hear exactly how a master does it.

I am hoping to analyze these phone calls and write a story about them on Silly Utility.

Thank you!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
How the hell is this a hot deal?

rated:
I'm hoping to engage with people here that are actually interested in helping people save money. This really is a civic service if you consider how the other side is exploiting people.

rated:
So sorry, I searched the forums for Comcast. And all the other discussion was in this forum.

rated:
Difficult? Master? You're just trying to make something out of nothing.

Me: Can I get lower price?
Comcast: Yes.
Me: Thanks. Bye.

Just did it a few days ago after my 1-year rate reduction expired. Go ahead and analyze it.

rated:
Me: Hi I need to cancel my internet service because the money is tight and the other guy is offering a deal that I can afford.
Comcast Rep: Hold on...let me Transfer you to retention Dept.
Comcast Retention Dept: I understand you want to cancel the internet because you're not able to afford it?
Me: That's correct
Comcast Retention Dept: If I give you $30 per month for the next 12 months, are you able to afford it?
Me: Yes, I can afford to pay $30 per month
Comcast Retention Dept: Hold on...let me finish the process....two minutes later...ok, it's done and you'll receive the email confirmation shortly
Me:  Thank you.   (wait for the email confirmation and then not have to worry about it for the next 12 months)

rated:
Google comcast rate negotiation and study the results

rated:
uncartie said:   Google comcast rate negotiation and study the results

I've been renewing without fail promotions every 6 or 12 months, for the last 10+ years. However, last one in Nov 2015, it was a real hassle. And now impossible. I never had to resort to use another family member to signup again, but my understanding is that same last names are a problem. I might have to switch to Fios for a while. I only want/need internet...

rated:
@rusaver Thank you, your situation describes a lot of people. I am trying to get Silly Utility off the ground and get all this information in one place.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017