Transferring phone number from Straight Talk to TracFone

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I entered all the data they were asking on TracFone activation website and nothing was rejected and got this message: Your phone number is in the process of being transferred.
I read Straight Talk does not port TracFone. Does this message I got mean I was successful to transfer or it could be rejected later?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Have you called TracPhone with your question?

Use google voice. No more porting numbers ever. Just transfer the ST # to GV. Then get a new number @ TF - use GV to do all the calling.

Transferring your existing single phone number (wireless or landline) usually takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours. Transferring multiple – lines may take up to 10 days, however most requests are completed within six calendar days.

To add: It's probably best to ask questions like this on DSL Reports or Howard Forums.

Also, if for some reason one company cannot port in a number from one particular company, what you probably have to do is port that number first to a company they can accept a port from then port from there. For example, port the number to a T-Mobile or AT&T prepaid phone (or maybe to NumberBarn) then port to TracFone. Under no case let an account with your number go unpaid, as you could lose your number.  It's an added step and a small added expense, but you got to do what you got to do.

Isn't Straight Talk and Tracphone the same company now?

Straight Talk and TracFone are sister companies and I can now verify my ST mobile dumb phone number was successfully transferred to TracFone Android LG G4 Treasure Smart phone after ~ 24 hours.

ST and TF has ALWAYS been two name brands of América Móvil (as in the Mexican communications conglomerate), but each division seems to operate like a separate company (have had a TF phone for years and my landline and DSL are with Claro, another of their brands).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017